The Fading God

The knight didn't know those parts of the woods. He had heard stories of that ghost town.

The town of the undead. Legends say the people in here were kind, and did not hurt anyone. Their gods ruled the stars, and their main and most powerful god was an elf. The people saw elves as creatures of pure and unique beauty. They were considered magical creatures of great power. Women were praised in the village.
Their main god was the Mother Star.

The knight kept on his journey. His horse was nervously walking, obeying it's knight.

There were bodies everywhere.

The Romans did not respect their way of living. They did not have any weapons, no leader, no money. All they did was worship the Mother Star. She gave them light, fruits, water. Every kind of good and bad things. The Romans could not accept their civilization. Talking did not work. So they attacked.

What happens to a civilization that has no guards, no weapons, no preparation for fighting a whole army?

They were killed. Every last one. No survivors from the kind people, they were killed without mercy. Mother Star cried too much that night.

The knight did not believe in the Mother Star. She was a lower god, inexistent in his religion. He was roman. His gods would protect him.
When suddenly, out of the blank, the place turned dark. His horse, turned to stardust.

From the dark the knight heard a cry. He knew he had to run, or else he'd be in big trouble.

From the corner of his eyes, he saw a woman in a black, shining dress.

Her dress reflected the stars, and the end of it turned to fog. She was on her knees, her long, dark raven hair went down her waist.

She faced the other way, the cries of desperation and pure sadness that left her could melt the heart of the toughest warrior.

He was trained to be tough, but he also should be a gentleman. He reached for the woman, but before he could touch her shoulder, she began speaking.

"My kids, they are all dead." Lighting and thunder crashed into the place, and they were back in the village. It was raining.

Had he gone insane?

"I am sorry for your loss, Ma'am. You shouldn't have to endure that pain. But you should leave this haunted place."

"You do not understand. You are greedy. All you want is land, and more land. You killed my kids without mercy."

"What are you saying?" Was this woman part of a land the Romans, his army, had slaughtered?

The mysterious woman stood up, and turned around.
What he saw was not the face of a regular woman. She had long, pointy ears, and instead of normal eyes, her eyes glowed with stars and constellations.

He gasped in horror. A monster! Her tears glowed like the sun, and her lips were dark red, small fangs sticking out of it.

And soon enough, he wasn't on land anymore. He was outer space. But in this time, such thing didn't exist. He was stuck in the sky. He panicked as the woman approached.

"You deserve no mercy coming from me. Your gods won't hear you now. What your people do is unfair, and all of you must pay for the death of my children."

And within a heartbeat, the knight was turned to dust.