jadekat as always

"I love you."

Out of everyone she has met, she never expected he would ever be one to confess feelings.
This place has changed them, of course, but she never really thought it would change him this much.

She knew she was blushing, and the way he kept staring at her with worry and a ridiculous warmth let her know she was spacing out. She was speechless.

_____________________

Her lack of words made him shiver.
Her bright green eyes were wide open and he hadn't seen her fluster like this since he had made her mad.

Which seemed like centuries ago.
And for all he knew, it could have been.

The sadness sudden stroke him. As much as he wanted, he knew he couldn't hold her and just kiss her like she was the last person alive. He wanted to hold her and never let go.

Yet, after years of practice, his usually angry face was patient, scared, sweet and welcoming.

___________________

He was one of the only ones who still called her by her name. Jade Harley seemed so foreign and strange that she almost didn't recognize when softly spoke her name, instantly breaking her train of thought.

Karkat Vantas, the one troll who helped her through SBURB, the one troll who made her mad above all, the one troll who comforted her and told her it was gonna be okay when she killed Dave, had changed so much. And she kept repeating it to herself. He was serious, and not mad blushing as he would be in the past.

Both of them guessed their names bought a certain weight on their shoulders and changed them as people.

The name by which he was know was Spades Slick. Quite strange, isn't it?

She was known as Snowman.

And everyone was afraid of her.
Because she was the monster who could control space at will. She could shrink anything, expand anything, teleport anywhere, anything.
But one of the reasons she hadn't been killed yet, is for the simple fact that if she is killed, so is the rest of the universe.

And there she goes again. She kept spacing out, staring at his features, becoming lost in his eyes, unconsciously leaning each time closer to him.

He caressed her cheek before moving his hand along the back of her neck to move her head forward and to hold her gently in place as he kissed her.

She gratefully kissed back.

The kiss they shared was nothing else but soft, full of love and care, pure and innocent.

And it was even more innocent when they stopped, because all they did the rest of the week was sneak out to hang out, cuddle and talk about their crews.