one.

EMPTY GOLD.
001. | ❛ friends share secrets.

Elena Davis sat in the bean bag chair in the Hastings' barn where her and her best friends in the world where hanging out. Thunder bolts could be heard from outside but couldn't be heard over the radio that was playing Light 'em Up by Fall Out Boy blasting out the storm that was passing Pennsylvania. The fifteen year old girls were lounged around giggling and laughing while a clap of thunder passed and must of turned the power off.

The laughing died down as the five girls- Hanna Marin, Emily Fields, Spencer Hastings, Aria Montgomery, and Elena Davis- as the girls looked at the bulbs that were flickering. Elena grunted and got off her bean bag and towards her IPhone to turn the music off. This is their eighth grade sleepover before school started, or as most of us considered it the last day of summer but this storm was ruining their final day.

"What do you think happened?" Emily asked looking at the girls.

Spencer grabbed a bunch of candles and a lighter and started lighting them to try and brighten up the barn, "It must be the storm." Spencer responded

Elena noticed that it was getting late and Alison still hasn't arrived, after all it was Alison's idea to have this sleepover but she knew that Alison wouldn't bail on them. During the eight grade, Alison started forming this new 'clique' of girls that had nothing in common whatsoever. Hanna Marin- a optimistic and cheerful blonde who even though was a little chubby but was the sweetest, Emily Fields- a MVP swimmer with a cute boyfriend named Ben, Spencer Hastings- who was the smartest out of all of them but was already making plans for the future and getting in UPenn, Aria Montgomery- who was a girl who was 'finding' herself and by finding herself she decided to dye a strip of her hair hot pink, Alison Dilaurentis- Queen B of the clique and the one who brought them all together with blonde luscious hair and the smoothest skin who could make anyone bow down to her knees, and Elena Davis- a petite brunette who didn't know what she wanted, in addition thought that Aria's hair looked cool so she dyed a strip of hair red.

Then, there was a loud crash that caused all the girls to jump to their feet and huddle together. Aria held a flashlight and shined it towards the source of the crash. "Something's out there." Aria muttered nervously pointing the flashlight towards the door.

"It's probably a bird that hit itself on the side of the barn or something. Why are we getting freaked out over nothing?" Elena muttered rolling her eyes while another crash was heard outside the barn as the door of the barn swung wide open. "I take that back, not a rabbit maybe a deer?" Elena said questioning herself. The girls started to make their way slowly towards the door, pushing Elena to the front to provide protection.

"Guys" Hanna whispered gripping Elena's wrist cutting off her circulation as they walked slowly to the door. Every worst possible case scenario rushed towards Elena's mind as the neared towards the door.

As they were only inches from the door, a figure with blonde curls and yellow blouse that was brighter than the sun jumped from behind the door, "Gotcha!"

We all jumped back and were relieved when it was just Alison. " My god Ali, that was so not funny!" Spencer said. "Please guys, I thought it was hilarious, girls. You guys were so scared." Alison was always doing little pranks to set off us sometimes. We all laugh and settle down on sofas.

"Ali, did you download the new Beyoncé?" Hanna asked

"Not yet."

"I'm loving her new album." Elena said swaying her feet on the side of the sofa.