six.

EMPTY GOLD.
006. | ❛ amen.

We were all seated at he dinner table when Alison received a phone call. Only when she hung up did we know what they were talking about.

"Ali, who was that?"

"Lorenzo. He said he'd call with any updates." Alison sat down at the head of the table

"What was it? The update." Spencer asked

"Time of death. Charlotte was killed around 4 am" She poured herself some wine

"Are you okay?"

"Lorenzo says this is good news.They're one step closer to finding her killer. Let's say grace." We all extended our hands to the persons on our right and left. Elena put her hand out for Hanna but she was in a daze.

"Hanna, hand." Elena whispered to her before she got Elena and Jordan's hand. We all put our heads down and closed our eyes to hear Alison words

"Thank you, Heavenly Father for this healing food and these dear friends and thank you to all those who are working tirelessly to seek justice for Charlotte. And thank you for helping the police find Charlotte's killer and anyone who could be protecting him or her." Spencer, Emily, Hanna, and Elena all opened their eyes and looked at one another knowing that Alison was referencing to the absent liar.

"Thank you always for your guidance and love. Amen."

"Amen." They all said in unison before diving into the dinner that Alison planned.

______________________

"That was awkward." Elena followed Hanna into the pantry,"Was that speech directed at us?"

"Not at us but... Aria maybe."Elena crossed her arms over her chest

"Why would Ali think that Aria had anything to do with Charlotte's death?"

"Maybe she did. Aria left the hotel the night that she was killed."

"How do you know this?"

"I saw her. She left around 3:00 a.m. and I don't know when she got back."

"Let's just ask her." Elena reverted to the easy way out.

"Well, I tried that. She denied going anywhere but her car."

"Okay, well, there are surveillance cameras, right in the lobby of the hotel?"

"Yeah."

"Your mom's the manager. So maybe you could find a way to get a look at the footage from that night."

"No. I'm don't do stuff like that anymore." Hanna turned away from her but looked back at Elena as she started to talk.

"Hanna, I know it's a lot to ask, okay? But how else are we supposed to make sure that Aria came back before Charlotte died?"

________________________

"Where does Jordan think you are?" Elena asked Hanna once they got into the security room.

"Talking to my mom." Hanna was looking through the footage until she found Aria.

"There she is. It's 3:12."

"What the hell was Ezra doing there?" Emily said with disgust.

"So much for just going to her car."

The door opens revealing Spencer who was serving as lookout, 'Hey, the hallway's clear but there's a cleaning crew down the hall. Okay, hurry."