Prologue

Ashton pushed the heavy box off to the trashcan with ease before dusting his hands off and turning around to see Luke on a table as he drew more blueprints on the first floor of the building they had recently bought. His heavy boots echoed over the place as the metal underneath him rattled with his weight.

"I think is time, Ashton." Luke said before he pushed the pencils away and got up from the chair with a sigh. "Angelica is moving in and she will start to wonder why her two broke best friends have a mansion, are designing a building of their own, and got the most expensive luxuries." He scratched the back of his neck and walked over to the table across from his own to gather his belongings.

"I don't think she would handle that all too well." Ashton jogged down the spiral stairs and joined his friend, doing the same himself. "She didn't handle her boyfriend's death that well when he was taken out by the police."

Luke turned to him and smiled knowingly, yet he felt his chest tighten with nostalgia. "Then that makes it all better. She knows how things flow in our world and I am sure she went at least to a trade or a meeting. I don't take it her boyfriend made it to the top without her being by his side.I mean," He let out a small chuckle. "How else was the guy supposed to explain to her he was filthy rich? Mowing lawns?"  

Ashton shook his head and zipped up his bag. "No, that's the thing Luke." He grabbed his gun and stuffed it in his jacket. "She knew he was a drug dealer and where he stood but she never saw him take anyone out or deal with dirty money. He protected her and her family and took her out as a boyfriend would do, but he never involved her in that world."

"Michael wasn't as stupid as to involve her then." Luke tsked as he shook his head and kept quiet for a couple of minutes in respect of his friend's death. "We'll tell her. Just won't get her involved, but..." Ashton nodded at him to continue. "She can get involved only if she wants to. With certain limits for her safety."

"She wouldn't want to get involved. Angelica is an... Angel." Ashton laughed at his own joke as Luke shook his head and pushed him playfully.

"Well, lets go get our little angel." Luke smiled as he threw his bag over his shoulder.