Prologue

Prologue

The moon shone an eerie red blaze across the night sky as the old mans' beard rustled with the nights' hollow wind. His weary old eyes swept across the borders as fallen comrades lay next to each other about to enter death's embrace.

The howling of the foul drew closer and the relentless struggle for survival drew near to a close. The end seemed inevitable as the cries of the last inhibitors of this world echoed the unforgiving disaster bestowed upon them.

The disturbing figures of the demons became more and more visible. Their fangs coated with the blood of their prey and their inhumane eyes shining a deep red glow. Their disfigured muscles and oversized bodies trampled over all that stood in their way. Some flew with wings of flesh as some slithered across the rocky terrains, killing anything that breathed. These creatures who seek to kill were born with nothing but blood-lust.

This world was dying and the survivors knew that it was not long until complete extinction arrived. The old man gripped his staff and inhaled the air thick with the fragrance of blood. The demons grew closer with their eyes locked onto the remaining few .

The old man placed his hands on the earth and breathed on the last patch of grass left.

"Old friend, you grow tired and in pain. Your own body now, itself, eaten alive like the plague. I owe so much to you and you have always humbly listened to my selfish requests. We, from my ancestors to myself all owe you our lives giving us everything we need to strive. Please, just this once. For all those times you have helped us, allow me to ease your suffering." The old man knelt and kissed the earth with eyes filled with sorrow.

As if listening to his requests, a strong gale of wind blew forth towards the demons knocking them off their feet. The old man stood up. Lifting his head high to the sky, he raised his staff. Clouds formed overhead covering the red moon.

A flash of lightning struck his staff and his staff shattered, revealing a beautiful silver sword with intricate patterns. The earth shook and the ground started to rupture except the land of the last inhibitors. The old man threw the sword high into the air and chanted the words which would change the world forever.

"As your new spirit, listen to my commands. Free us from these shackles that hold us unwanted and shatter these ground that we call home". The sword grew as large as the highest of mountains then fell to the earth. After that, the world shattered.