Chapter 4

Val tookout the Lizardman's egg from her bag and laid it on the table. A fat man sat in front of Val and he fidgeted constantly and wiped his face with a white, linen hanky. He winced at the egg and took a big whiff at the egg. A smile slowly formed on the fat man's face. He lifted his fork and wedged it heavily on a strange steak with a slight blue tint served all fancy on the table. The fork sank into the man's chubby hands, disappearing from sight.

"Fifteen thousand worth of kals as promised." The fat man said as he shoved the piece of blue meat into his huge mouth.

Two men wearing black robes stood behind the fat man and handed the navy blue bag filled with money to Val. Val took a look at the contents. She smiled at the sight of the coins clinking among one another as she shook the bag slightly.

A band of musicians played a soft classical hymn above on the balcony. Raf felt himself ease at the sound of the music.

Raf looked around the restaurant. It definitely lived up to it's name as one the most luxurious place in Galaias. A gigantic chandelier crafted with pure, white gold studded with diamonds hung high on the ceiling strung with cloud-woven silk, one of the rarest materials in the whole of Azareth, the silk hung freely to all corners on the pentagonal shaped restaurant.

Several marble statues stood together on the sides of the restaurants and a massive aquarium right under the group's with a couple of whale sharks swimming in it.

Thick, red carpeting made from thousands of month old sheep enveloped parts of the ground. The carpet made it feel like you were walking on the moon and on the walls hung several masterpieces of century-famous artists worth millions of kals a piece.

The utensils on the table made completely of pure silver neatly organized on the white, linen table cloth.

Everything in the place was perfect, from the lighting to the carpeting. The only scratch in the golden plate was the horrid man sitting down on the ivory throne in the center of the restaurant.

Lex Devonaire. You couldn't spell disgusting without seeing this fat piece of blob. The man was definitely far too obese for his own good. His stomach bulged out of his shirt and Val could smell an oily odor wheeze out of the man's spores. The man's head was puny in comparison to his body and his eyes slanted in an awkward way from his fat eye lids. 7 chins hung on his neck with oil running down each one and his palms wet and oily from either the food or his own sweat.

Lex wore an expensive looking black and white stripped tuxedo with a red bib covering his chest. The buttons in his torso about to give in and the bib covered showered in sauce and a strange, greasy liquid.

"Phee yew." Art said aloud unable to hold his temptation to mock the big, fat blob any further.

"Shush." Raf whispered. But this time he actually had to agree with Raf. This guy made the beast repellant smell heavenly.

The men in black robes eyed Art menacingly.

Despite the man's overbearing appearance, he was undeniably one of the wealthiest and most influential man in all of Azareth. Well, his family was at the least. The Devonaire's family name was worth billions and even kings of countries occasionally had to wait several months just to meet with the guy or the rest of his family for 5 minutes.

"Yes I am aware of the stench of the delicacy." He motioned towards the egg completely oblivious of his own stench. "It is quite horrendous to the nose but it taste absolutely heavenly." Lex pointed his eyes right towards the egg with eyes full of hunger for the egg. Thinking of various ways for the egg to be served.

Art turned around to hold back his tongue. Even the great Art couldn't come out safely if he made an enemy of this fat blob. He loomed around the restaurant. Dozens of ivory seats but all empty. Devonaire probably bought the whole shop for the day to make sure all this luxury was his.