Снαρτεr 1

Diamond'sPOV

"I don't give a flying fuck, do whatchu gotta do and get my damn money!" I yelled into the phone and hung up.

Some people from Laval owe me money so I sent my boys to go get it. I'm pacing around around the living room waiting for Kaiyesha to come downstairs. It was her first day of first grade since she's been homeschooled for the last two years. I laid out the clothes on her bed about and hour ago and she still hasn't come out her room. "Kaiyesha lets go!" I yelled from the living room.

I heard shuffling in her bedroom and then her little feet against the marble floor. "I don't wanna go to a school ma,"she whined walking down the long shallow hallway that was covered with our family photos. "Everyone there is a bunch of pricks"

She wasn't wearing the outfit that I laid out for her. As usual she had to be the thug she is and wear skinny jeans, a white crop top and trainers. She had taken out her long thick curly dark auburn hair which she got from me and let it out in its wild state. I swear this girl hates to dress up. I had laid out a white ruffle skirt and a pink hello kitty top with sandals but I wasn't thinking about her being difficult at the time. Like, she could've gave me a break for once. "Come on Kai it'll be fun and you will make new friends"

"Uhh...I already got a friend and that's Quincy" she said with an attitude referring to my homeboy's son.

"Mkay but don't you want some friends away from the gang?" I asked her.

"Naw g the gang is all I know" she said starting to bring out her hood side.

"Keep the street talk out your mouth today," I said firmly "lets go, you're going to school" I said opening the door for us to leave.

She groaned and mumbled a smart comment as she walked out the door and headed downstairs to the loby. "One day your mouth is gonna get you into trouble" I said following behind her.

Kaiyesha was fair skinned unlike me who was brown skin. She had one dimple on her right cheek and a light beauty mark underneath her left eye. She has hazel almond shaped eyes and heart shaped lips. My daughter was my walking beauty.

I, myself has long curly dark auburn hair but I always kept it straight which made it reach a little past my mid back. I wasn't mixed with anything so I don't know where I got my long hair from and Kaiyesha wasn't mixed either, both me and Jason are pure black but she still had the most wild curly hair ever. I guess we were both blessed.

Kaiyesha had her father's big, free spirited, crazy personality though, which drives me crazy cause its like I still didn't escape Jason.

I walk all the way down a shit load of stairs since we lived on the 9th floor and greeted crackheads on the way down. We didn't live in the safest apartment building ever and we definitely didn't live in the safest neighborhood ever either. I could get a better place but I hate flaunting my money around like its easy to get. Kaiyesha and I are surviving without a nice condo or a big ass mansion so theres no reason for us to move. Another reason why I won't move is because my dad and grandmother live right down the hall from us so if staying in this raggedy ass apartment is what I gotta do to protect and take care of them then that's what I'm gonna do.

We walked out the old rundown apartment and I unlocked the door to my new white Range Rover. We got in the car and started it. I waited for her to buckle her seat belt before driving off. "Why do I have to go to school and Quincy doesn't"

"I don't know Kaiyesha, please don't argue with me today" I begged as I started getting aggravated.

"Fine" she said bluntly and stayed quiet for the rest of the ride.