Chαρτεr 27

Diamond

I waited patiently for the guards to bring out Jason. Jason was stuck in jail until his trial which was in June and it's March now. They wouldn't even let him out on bail so I'll have to visit him at least once a week.

I twisted my engagement ring around my finger. It became a habit ever since Tre gave it to me. I still never gave Tre an answer but he's not pressuring me into making a decision.

"Mommy," I looked down at Kaiyesha. I brought her here with me cause she hasn't seen her father in months and she has a lot of questions to ask him after meeting her brother.

"Wassup baby girl?"

"Do you love Tremaine?" She asked me. I guess she saw me playing with the ring.

"Yes, I do love Tre."

"Oh." She said and looked down at her fingers.

"What's wrong Kai?" I asked in a concerned tone.

She looked up at me with sad eyes. "I always wanted you and daddy to be together. I love Kelly and everything but sometimes I wish it was just me, you and daddy."

"Kaiyesha, you're too young to understand. You don't need me and your dad to be together to be a family. We're a family no matter what." I assured her.

"But all you and daddy do is fight. You get along with Kilo, you get along with Cash and you get along with Tremaine but you don't get along with daddy." She stressed.

I was about to say something when her face lit up and she got up from the table we were sitting at. "Daddy!" She squealed.

She ran to him and he picked her up. I smiled as I watched them reunite. Even the guards were smiling. He carried brought her back to the table I was sitting at. Jason sat down and placed her on his lap. "Hey." She said with a smile.

He seemed happier than the last I spoke to him over the phone. "Hey," I smiled back.

"Kai, go play while me and your mom talk." Jason said.

Kaiyesha frowned and looked up at him. "But I wanna spend time with you daddy."

Jason kissed her on her forehead. "I promise it would just be a minute."

Kaiyesha hopped off his lap and looked at him. "I'll be counting."

We both chuckled as she ran off to play the Xbox. "She really missed you." I said to him.

"Yeah, I missed her too."

"How you been?"

"I'm holdin' up. I haven't been in jail longer than a few weeks so I've been adjusting," he said. "But how have you been?"

"I've been good. Isaiah wants to see you though." I told him.

"Yeah, I know. I called him last week." He sighed and looked down at the table.

I started playing with my ring again when a weird silence fell over us. "Nice ring." Jason said suddenly.

I took my hand off the table and placed it on my lap. "Thanks." I said softly.

"That nigga got it for you?"

"His name is Tremaine," I said giving him a look.

"My bad."

"And yes, he gave me the ring."

"So y'all serious huh?" I could almost hear the disappointment in his voice.

"Please don't do that." I begged. "Kaiyesha just made me feel bad and I don't need you to make me feel worst."

"I'm sorry D but you know I never lost feelings for you." When I didn't answer he sighed. "I'm just happy you're happy."