Chapter Twenty-Nine

River wasn't sure how many days they'd been in the holding facility now, and while he could probably ask Taylin, she wasn't being too open with the day of the week as it was. He didn't think she'd be volunteering that information without good reason, no matter how nice she was being.

Sleep was getting tougher to get, because all River could smell was Charlie and that musky sweet scent and even Lake was smelling good now. He had a different scent than Charlie, still musky, but where hers was almost sugary, his was earthy and warm. Both mingling together and pressed up against him in the room made him feel hot, and he found himself shifting under the blankets and trying to find a comfortable position for his pants more than actually sleeping.

His lower stomach felt full, and while it didn't hurt, there was a lot of pressure that kept making him squirm. River hadn't known how much longer he'd of been able to stand it before Charlie let him have sex with her again, and he'd found himself needing more of her. Only the next time he'd tried, hands had grabbed his hips and pulled him out of her before his hips were jerking and thick, sticky bluish fluid bubbled up and spilled out. Another pair of hands had a cup, and the first time he'd come, they'd put the cup at the end of his penis, but had reached a dilemma when they noted what came out of him tended to cling to him, and not drip down.

Then gloved hands came back the next time, and River heard himself whimper as they touched him and gently swiped the fluid off and down into the cup. He hadn't been expecting it at first, someone touching him, and it'd felt so good after being forced out of Charlie, but wasn't the same as staying inside of her.

Now it was routine, he pinning his mate down beneath him on the bed and bucking his hips between her legs, panting harshly and inhaling all the good smells from her, trying to get their bodies to do something together. He offered her his jaw to bite every time, instinct telling him she needed blood if they were going to make a baby, and right before he could, when every thought inside of him and movement of his hips was to drive his sperm into her, those hands always grabbed his hips and yanked him back.

He gave a frustrated snap of his teeth every time, because the bursting feeling always died back the moment he was out of her, and what came out of him never felt as good. River didn't get much time to enjoy it anyway, because those gloved hands always disrupted the rest of the good feeling. It was getting harder and harder to be okay with it, because all he really wanted to do was make a baby with Charlie, but he'd promised he'd try not to.

Which meant if he couldn't finish with her, he was pinning Lake onto the bed beneath him whenever he could. He ran his mouth over the other male's skin, sucking and licking at the golden tanned flesh, touching him wherever he could reach. He'd gotten used to placing his hand on his lower belly to feel the two rounded objects move until he realized they weren't there anymore.

It wasn't until River had his hand inside Lake's pants that he felt them the next time, rubbing around like Adrian had to him. They sat comfortably where they should, tucked inside the loose skin behind the other male's penis. When he figured that out, he'd paused, and Lake had taken the opportunity to flip them over and seize control like River was getting used to him doing.

If he came when they were enjoying each other, those gloved hands were always back, and he found himself whimpering more and more at their touch. The gloves were smooth, and didn't offer much friction, but them touching him still felt good, just not the kind of good he wanted. Eventually, he complained to Taylin, sitting at the kitchen table, his face hot as he told her he wanted to feel good.

"Would you rather Lake helps then? When you're with him, instead of one of our females?"

"Yes," he murmured, ducking his head while Lake flushed from his own seat.