Chapter 9- Trapped.

"Oh my god." Aquette said standing next to me, her mouth hanging open.

"Philip?"

"geez, um- hi?" He said uncertainly, running his hands through his hair, starting to blush. 

"How... what are you doing here? I never wanted to see you again in my whole life!" I yelled at him.

"Uhh... how about we just forget this ever happened? Just.. um, go visit another neighbor! Go shopping, we'll just act like we aren't here."

"Yeah, that'll be hard." 

"Hey guys, come here." I heard Aquette say in the background. We both turned towards her. 

"What?" Philip asked.

"Can we go inside for just a second?" SHe turned towards Philip, away from me.

"Why?" He sounded suspicious, voicing my thoughts.

"Yeah, there's no way I'm going in his house." i replied.

"Oh come on, don't be a wuss, can we though?" 

"Ugh fine, but I don't want to make this long." 

Aquette grabbed our hands and pulled us in and up the stairs, leading to bedrooms, I guessed as we went upstairs. There was a weird floral wallpaper on the stairway.

As soon as we turned the corner she pulled us into a nerby room, and I looked around. There were two beds, right next to eachother and a bunch of junk. It looked like a boys room. Probably Philip's. Ew. 

I tried to tell Aquette that I wanted to get out of here but when I turned around she was gone. 

"Where'd she go?" I asked philip, although I didn't really want to talk to him. But I kind of had to at this point.

"I don't know. Open the door. We'll find her."

I walked over to turn the doorknob, but it was locked. LOCKED.

"Oh my god, that bitch. I mean, I love her, but she's so annoying sometimes."

"She seriously locked us in? I didn't even hear her close the door or anything... Man this sucks. What are we supposed to do now?"

"Well if I have to I'm jumping out that window." I replied, resenting the fact that Philip.

"No don't do that, you'll die. I know you hate me, but you have to get over that, atleast for now. Cause I don't think we're getting out anytime soon."

"She probably wanted us to make up... Ugh I hate her." i muttered to myself.

"Can you give it a try? I didn't mean to hurt you, I really am sorry about what happened..."

"No you're not. You're a selfish jerk."

"But-"

"Just shut up. I'm getting out of here somehow. I don't want to crack my head open though."

"I think I have a ladder in my closet... Don't ask."

"That's awesome! Thank you so much!" 

I went over and hugged him as a habit, but then remembred I was supposed to not like him. I pulled away awkwardly.

He looked at me wierdly, puzzled. 

"Thank you?"

"Shut up, it didn't mean anything."

"Oh." He sounded dissapointed. 

I ran over to his closet, pening the white door to reveal a bunch of shoes scattered at the foot of it, a big yellow and silver ladder lurking in the corner. It looked slightly scary, looming over me.

"That thing is huge!"

"Yeah, but effective. it can get you really far up or down."

"True, And it's exactly what I need." 

I ran over to theback window, dragging the ladder behind me, messing up the carpet. Oh well. Who cares?

I tried to pick it up and push it out of the window and down to the ground, but it was way too heavy to even lift an inch. I didn't want to ask for his help though. He'd take it the wrong way. He seems kind of desperate for me to like him. 

"I give up. There's no way I'm getting out of here." I fell onto the ground, arms and legs spread out, fully aware that I looked like a retard. 

"I'm bored now." 

"Well, I could try to get the ladder put there for you... If you want."

"No, I don't need your help."

"Can we just get over what happened? It's in the past, and we can't change it. I just want to atleast be friend with you."

"How am I supposed to get over it? You made me immortal! I'm never gonna die! And it's all because of you! You don't care about my feelings, and I don't want to be friends with you, or anything more!  I don't even want to be here!"

"Liana..."

"Don't even talk to me." 

He sighed and came over to sit beside me.

"Look, Liana, maybe we should stop fighting. It's pointless. We'll be in here for hours, and I don't know about you, but I don't want to lose my voice from shouting." Phillip said.

"You aren't even shouting!" I yelled.

"Whatever." Phillip said. 

I couldn't help but notice how hot he was. Oh crap, I have to be mad at him! Stop thinking about him like that. Okay, this sounds retarded even in my head.

He moved over to the window. "Why does Aquette seem... off?"

"She was on her date with Caspian when the tsunami struck, and he died. So did Harmonessa." I said sadly. It still hurt to think about their deaths.

"Oh. I'm sorry." He said awkwardly.

Then there was an awkward silence.

"Liana, I'm really sorry about everything between us. I shouldn't have made you immortal, I just loved you so much that I couldn't bear for you to die." He said.

Aw. He loved me.

So he selfishly made sure that I couldn't die! That jerk!

But now I could understand why he did it. I might have even done it myself if it was reversed. 

I thought back to the time before that night when my heart stopped. Before I was immortal. 

Phillip and I had been so happy together. We'd been dating for almost two years. He was so sweet and romantic, and I had been in love with him.

But even after all of this, he was still the same guy.

The same one I'd fallen in love with.

"Liana, please forgive me." Phillip said.

I snapped out of my thoughts, realizing he had been talking for awhile, but I hadn't been listening.

"Phillip, I forgive you." I said.

He smiled at me, and my heart fluttered. I realized how much I missed his smile. 

He leaned over and kissed me.