Ch4

It was to much to comprehend. So many colors, some even new to the human eye. A tunnel of pure energy formed around them. It was they were yanked out of their world and into something else. Incomprehensible.

They snapped back.

They were in a jungle, a huge jungle. Trees towered over them and were wide as cars, some as wide as a house. "Every one ok" John forced out barley able to breath himself. He coughed and struggle to breath before standing up. He sat his hand on his pistol holster,

Colonel Bevardo was the first to reply "sir, yes sir".

One by one each got up and grouped together. " Gah my head " Jessica moaned.

John looked behind as though the exit portal was gone, he could see a simmer of where it was. He figured it was a affect from the portal not really being gone, just in a mode where nothing can go through it until it's reopen. "We got one hour, let's make it count" he said to the small crowd surrounding him.

Jessica was the first to move. She knelt down to a tree and took a few pictures. wrote a few notes then moved to a plant to repeat the process. Jacob looked at the ground and then around. "There was something out here recently. Multiple of them.

" What were they? dinosaurs?" John asked leaning over beside them. Jacob looked down and studied the foot print he had first discovered.

"Saurornitholestes sullivani" he said in pronouncing it perfectly.

"You're wrong you know," Daniel spat out right after Jacob finished, standing over them both.

Jacob stood up " oh am I now and how's that kid "

"Wrong time period... Also look at the prints they're different sizes, some big some small, the sullivani would have to be the smallest printed here at there biggest."

"Fine they're velociraptors."

"Close but that wouldn't go along with the size range." Daniel explained to his elder.

"Some are smaller cuz some are still babies."

"No that would have them in in the middle of the pack, not spread out. It's Deinonychus"

"Bu-" Jacob started before he was interrupted by John.

"Guys I don't care who's right or wrong. Are any of those dinos bad news?"

"Yeah" Daniel said as Jacobs nodded his head.

"Even your Deinyala- whatever? "

" Deinonychus. And yes they're very bad news. Also known as the 'Terrible Claw'. if they're near by than they'll sniff us out and hunt us down, killing us " Daniel confirmed.

"Great..." He walked away to Bervardo. "Colonel!"

"Sir?" Bervardo asked turning towards him, Grabbing the gun hanging in front of his stomach.

"We have possible threats nearby, be on the lookout."

"Yes sir" the colonel said turning to his partner, "common lieutenant, we have people to protect let's make sure all eight get back."

"Seven." Daniel corrected.

"Sorry genius but your math is wrong there was eight people who went through that portal." Colonel protested

"Correct, but there seven, here."

"What do you mean?" Lincoln asked.

"I mean. There's some one missing." Daniel answered.
Immediately everyone liked up and looked around. All trying to find out which team member was missing.

Jessica was the first to find out. "Rey."

"Well shit" Lincoln cursed.
. . . . . .

The group walked through the dense jungle looking for their lost member. Carefully not stepping on as many plants as possible. "...Three..." Daniel started

"What are you doing?" John asked confused, almost annoyed. Pushing away a leafy branch. As he walked by it.

"...Two, I'm counting"

"Why"

"... One, that's why... Zero." Daniel said as John looked to his left to see a humongous lizard like creature leap out and pounce him.

It took him to the ground. John looked up and saw the creature bring up its head to bite, it threw its head at him. Before it could bite down, Lincoln put out it's hands and grabbed it by its jaws pushing it away from his vulnerable throat. His fingers protected by the metal gloves of his suit.

Bervardo ran go to it and kicked it off of him. The creature hit the ground struggling to get up, John shot up and out of the way, Rowdy and the colonel raised their rifles and pulled the trigger "... No" Lincoln started but it was too late.

The automatic fire blew lead into the reptilian skin and flew out the other side. Spewing blood out of the holes as the bullets hit their target.

The two soldiers turned around waving their gun as the knew they were not alone. John looked up at everyone and whispered only one word.

"Run."

. . . . . . . . . .
Rey woke up with a headache that pulsed in her skull. She got up grimly holding back the quench to vomit.

She almost got to her knees before she realized it, her leg was broken. She fell back to the ground and she looked up, Rey saw a shimmer of a circle shape in the sky as if something invisible was there. "Huh... Dammit." She looked to her left and saw eggs lightly placed in a nest.

She immediately got up to a sitting position. She didn't have to study dinosaurs to know she was in a bad spot. After all she seen Jurassic park one through eight.

Rey heard a sniffing sound behind her, and she became rigid. As the reptile came up from behind her, to face to face.

It looked hungry