one

CHAPTER 1: LILY
22:09

"so now you're going to give me that excuse over again? for goodness' sake, taehyung!" i retorted. anger was flowing through my veins, the relationship of taehyung and i had always been like this, when we fight he'd always run to his ex-girlfriend.

"exes should remain exes, not friends kim taehyung," i eyed him intently. "keep that in mind."

silence filled the room as he looked down, fidgeting with his fingers.

"we are never gonna talk to each other ever again," i told him in a harsh tone, biting my lips at the process as the tears threatened to escape my eyes.

"what do you mean by that?" his voice sounded so weak and now he was looking up at me. "are you breaking up with me?" he added another question. instead of answering him, i began walking out of his room without sparing him another glance.

i was running down the stairs of his apartment when he caught me by my wrist. i was trying my best to break free but he held me so securely. "listen to me," he said softly contradicting my harsh movements.

"are you going to make up another lie on why you did that? i'm sick of it!" i yelled as i buried my face against his chest, breathing heavily. "i was drunk, you walked out of me when we were fighting at the club and it just happens that sheㅡ" he whispered, his voice shaking a bit.

i chuckled in between sobs cutting him off, "so now, it's my fault?" i asked him sarcastically.

"no i don'tㅡ"

"i'm sorry, taehyung," i said in monotone. "i'm so sick and tired of your lame excuses! you said you will never do that again so i forgave you, but guess what? you kept repeating those same mistakes over and over again!" i bursted out, leaving taehyung in utter astonishment.

"the truth is i am so fed up," i paused. i'm crying right now, hot tears staining my cheeks as i tried to speak up once again, " i really tried, taehyung, i did." i sobbed.

"but i'm done."

and with that, i left him.

i can't think straight right now; i'm so done with this bullshit. the only way that i could get out of this mess, this pain is to break up with him, right? it's the right thing to do, right?

i was now walking in the unknown dark streets of the city. i pass by a couple of houses, street benches, and towering trees. i'm not even scared walking alone. i think maybe i was destined to be alone.

i can't stop thinking about what taehyung did. at first i thought they were just friends even though it might sound weird since it's his ex-girlfriend. i trusted him only to find out what? that he had sex with his ex three weeks ago and i just found out because i accidentally heard his conversation with one of his friends.

another minute passed and i found myself crying again. what will happen to me without him? i loved him, i poured almost all to him that i have nothing left for myself.

luck wasn't on my side so it started raining. i continued walking despite the rain pouring hard. i sighted a convenience store not too far to where i was. it was my time, a chance to be alone, lost in my own thoughts. i think that maybe if i let my mind cool down for a few seconds it would somehow help me, go some way to making the pain go away.

the rain doesn't matter to me anymore now that i have nothing. i don't have anything to go back to, i guess when you pick up the pieces after a relationship you go back to what you know, try and throw yourself into something, and now i had nothing. what's the point of using an umbrella if you're already soaking wet?

"you know you're going to get sick if you stay in the rain," a guy sitting on one of the benches said. i turned my head, looking at him. he wasn't moving but he was looking at me, not even smiling.

"here, take this." he stood up, offering his umbrella and walked off like the rain wasn't even bothering him.

i stood there, dumbfounded.