outro

OUTRO
23:11

the rain just died down. lily and jungkook walked side by side, her arms wrapped around the boy's right arm, head rested on his shoulder, as they walk pass the smoke-scented air to where they were heading tonight.

lack of sleep was definitely getting to lily at the moment. she had never slept better in her life than she had in the past couple weeks. to stay up until am for the past weeks just to see this lonely boy every night, she was a little weak and she wasn't exactly sure if this situation, listening to jungkook as she fight the drowsiness threatening to engulf her, was actually a dream of hers or not.

jungkook didn't seem to notice though, that lily is slowly being lulled to sleep by his husky voice vibrating just above her head as he continued telling things about him. his voice is impossibly lower tonight, and deeper; maybe lack of sleep was finally getting to him, too.

"you know, when clara passed away, i lost a lot of sleep. i couldn't, i just think and think and think, sometimes writing and ranting and lose track of time. i looked like a racoon, my eyes had rings around them and they'd just randomly twitch sometimes. i decided there was no way to fall asleep anymore, so i just figured i could just go to the usual spot where i could think about my life and such," jungkook said.

"and then i came in," lily butted in, clinging to jungkook, eyes droopy while fighting the urge to sleep in his arms.

he grinned, "that night i went home and actually slept, thinking about the girl with the brightest shade of emerald eyes. when you kept coming in, i could care less about the lack of sleep i was getting."

silence settled around them as they sat at the usual spot where it all started.

she hummed. "you are my sunshine."

"so i continue going here," he responded while lily is silently listening while her eyes are closed. "i had more important things to deal with than staying home. going here is one of the reason."

"and the rest of the reasons?" she asked, head still resting on jungkook's shoulder. her heart was heavy and her eyelids were drooping.

"you."

she struggled to open her eyes, as if it weighed as much as that of a boulder. she smiled. "thank you, jungkook."

she saw him, blurrier than usual, his head cocked to the right. "for what?"

but she was already gone.

the strong scent of petrichor reached jungkook's nose as he smiled to himself, tucking in a stray hair that falls onto lily's beautiful features.

"i didn't know how did we end up like this. the moment i met you, when i realize that our blood is pumping because of the care and love of thousands, is when i realize that i am not as broken as i think i am. to tell you the truth, i don't have much to offer. but i'd still give you everything i've got, even if it's barely nothing at all. i'd give late nights, long conversations, someone to talk to, and someone to care for, someone who will always be there, a hand to hold, somebody to lean on. i want you to know that every thump of my chest is intended to you, you came into my life, and i'm thankful for that."

he knew everything wasn't completely okay; but when he looked at the girl next to him, he couldn't help the hope that lighted within himself.

THE END