thirteen

CHAPTER 13: LILY
14:56

this holy ground was too quiet. but this was how it was supposed to be. it should be quiet.

i closed my eyes as i took a deep breath of air. it still hurts and i feel like i'm carrying a dead weight on my shoulders as i thought back to everything that had happened that day. even though the memories pained me, it brought me the courage to become a stronger person. gosh, this place is too depressing.

i scooted down and brushed the dust and leaves that were covering the headstone. "i'm sorry i haven't visited you for so long," i said as i gently blew onto the granite to remove the remaining dust.

i quietly placed the white roses right beside the headstone and lit up the candle. "three months," i said as i looked up at the clouds. "time passes by so quickly."

i traced my fingers onto the gravestone. "i miss you," i said.

"she must be a wonderful person," i heard the person behind me said.

"yeah, and she'll never be forgotten," i replied. jungkook put a hand on my shoulder while staring at the grave. i could clearly see the sadness in his eyes, even though she barely know daisy.

i smiled. he smiled back. i continued running my fingers across the engraved letters.

daisy yoo
april 15, 1995 - may 02, 2015

her birthday just passed a few days ago. mom didn't come with me today, i'm sure she would've wanted to visit. i was accompanied by jungkook instead.

it's been two weeks since the incident happened. i closed my eyes and sighed heavily. "you okay?" he asked, his tone laced with concern.

a shake of the head and a hug was all i could give him as an answer. i don't even want to think about it.

FLASHBACK (CHAPTER 10)
02:08

"i'm at yanghwa daegyo. i thought i could beat the urges this time because i thought i was strong enough, but i didn't. i'm so sorry jimin." she feels as if her vision started to whirl around her after reading the message from jungkook jimin showed her. she's in the midst of processing what the message meant and when she realised what it was, she came sprinting towards the said place with jimin.

when they arrived, in the middle of the bridge, she immediately looked for him. she didn't bother to bring out an umbrella, all she care about is finding jungkook as soon as possible.

and there, standing on the railing, is the wet jungkook who's about to jump off from the bridge. she ran to him while jimin followed suit.

she pulled his right hand, rather too hard due to the adrenaline surging through her entire system, sending jungkook flying towards the side and crashing onto her.

their bodies met and his sopping wet shirt stuck to hers, she hugged the boy. sobbing, "don't do that ever again," she mutter repeatedly.

his arms are snaking around her thin frame. "i-i won't," she hugged him tightly. "i'm sorry."

one hand of hers was threaded through his puddle of raven-black hair, crushing her face into his shoulder. her other arm was wrapped around his back, squeezing him as close to her as she could.

"i need you." she wasn't thinking about the rain. she wasn't thinking about the fact that they were standing in the bridge in the middle of the pouring rain. all she thought about was the boy filled with grief and sorrow, his lanky body squished against hers, his comforting hug making her ignore everything that was happening at the moment.

the worst thing was, she couldn't tell if there were salty tears falling onto her back, or if it was only the uncomfortable dripping of raindrops.

END OF FLASHBACK

after all the days that had passed, the memory is still fresh in my mind. "i'm just glad that you're here." i said and smiled at him once again. he told me everything. he told me about his father, his past girlfriend, his mother, the nightmares, his anxiety; he told me everything about him.

we stayed there for a few minutes. soon enough, we got ready to leave. i gave one last look at the headstone. just like dad to me, i know they're both watching over jungkook too.

"we'll come back again." i said. i turned to jungkook and he leant in and placed a soft kiss on my forehead. "let's go." he drew back, smiling.

and i stood there, watching, as he walked away with my heart.

a/n: update cos i'm feeling bts' love~ bighit is planning to release a new bts album im- hmm