Chapter Ten: Scarlet and Salamander

OMG so many reads and votes and comments and Agh!! You guys are amazing. Thank you so much for understanding how busy I am and that this story really is a passion of mine.
Enjoy :3

His pounding heart was louder than the thudding of his feet as Natsu's legs seemed to fly over the pavement. This feeling—....horrible. He didn't know what it was doing to him.
He couldn't get the screams out of his head.

The voice was feminine and full, but in pain. He'd thought he heard it to the right of the guild, but now, after two blocks, he wasn't sure where he was going.

"Natsu! Wait!"

Natsu turned. The princess jogged behind him.
"Lucy, I told you to wait! You could get hurt, or worse, this could be a trap."

Lucy recoiled a step, then crossed her arms in defiance. "I'm not leaving you and your not leaving me. We go together or not at all," her eyes were screaming at him. He sighed.

She passed him, looking into the darkness.

"Besides, I can help"
----------------------------------------------

Erza Scarlet's last mission hadn't gone...well, it hadn't gone as well as she'd hoped.

Exterminating bugs.

She shivered at the thought.
Then sliced the head off of a mutated centipede.

"Stupid—
Magic—
Energy—
Sapping—
Bugs!—"

Three enlarged and mutated insects fell to her feet. Requpping into her usual armor, she finished off the last bug before turning to the way back home.

It came out of no where, and before she knew it, the large beetle was chewing on her entire left shoulder with its razor sharp teeth, sucking in her magical energy and growing stronger by the second....

Once it hit the bottom of her well...

She screamed.
---------------------------------------------

Lucy flinched again.

"Did you hear that?! Natsu—"

But he was already running, the sound defining. He turned two corners and —

Bugs. That was what he thought when they turned the corner. But one was still alive.

Summoning fire to his fists, he jumped  on  the disgusting creature sucking the poor read headed girl dry. The teeth released, and the bug was sent back into the brick wall, twitching as it died.

Lucy ran to the girl, and Natsu walked over to the bug, a burst of fire exploding from his palm to incinerate the monster.

"Is she allright?"

Lucy shook her head. "I don't know. Let me—"

Lucy's hands, spread over the woman's shoulder, glowed green; the girl's dark lashed flickered open underneath them.

"Get off of me!"

The red head lept up and away from the pair, staring at them with hostility and mistrust.