Chapter 2

Chapter 2: Life changing moment

-

The plane ride lasted forever, I've lost count on how many naps I've taken over the past 12 hours. All I could do was read, sleep.. read.. sleep some more, eat.. Pretty much it. I've gotten up to use the bathroom like 50 times just cause there's this uncomfortable pressure on my butt from sitting too long on the same spot.

Yeah, I felt like the amount of squats I did over the last 3 days have all gone to waste.

I closed my eyes, hoping to fall asleep and be woken up when we've landed.

To what seemed like an hour, my eyes fluttered open. I lifted up my wrist and checked the time.

8:26 am.

What? That was only 20 minutes?

I need to be occupied with something, fast.

I'll eat.

On second thought, nah.

I've eaten 2 meals, 1 ice cream bar, 1 chocolate pudding, 1 bun, 1 hotdog and like 3 cups of apple juice.

I'M SO BORED.

I glanced outside my plane window, all I could see is the light blue sky. No clouds, no nothing. Just the crystal clear sky.

Do you ever happen to have your vision go blank and start thinking about things? Like your next goldfish's name, whether if your teacher really had 3 consecutive moles on their right temple like your friend said or if penguins have knees. I don't know. but your eyes are wide open? Well that's exactly what happened to me. Except I was not looking out the window.

My eyes have managed to wonder around and land on the food trolley.

But it moved away, yes. It freakin moved away.

I was left staring, not at something, but someone.

And it was only a matter of seconds before that sudden realization, the person was staring  back at me.

Ah, shiz.

This is so awkward.

I did one of those things where you pretend to look at something behind someone and then look around the whole place, but none of those work. Not sure if it has ever been proven to be successful. No matter if we already know that the person knows, we still do it anyway.

The stranger gave me a blank look.

I laughed nervously.

I really have to admit though, he's kinda cute.

His dark brown hair is carefully trimmed on the sides and neatly styled up on top with little bits sticking out which makes it look damn, his strong jawline carved perfectly in the right areas and those gorgeous, green-emerald eyes just shot lasers into mine.

He winked at me and grinned.

My pulse started beating rapidly and my heart pounded hard against my chest.

I could feel my face burn and my body temperature rise, there's no way he won't see this. It's so obvious.

I turned towards my window with my back facing him, hoping he wouldn't catch a glimpse of my stupid face.

Oh when can I get off this plane?