Chapter Three - Big brother is watching you.

Multiple eyes pierced into my soul, the pointed daggers unrelenting with their judgement. I fiddled with the phone in my hands and contemplated various options. Option number one, run out of the room like no tomorrow with tears streaming down my face, consequently recreating a dramatic exit that belongs to Big Brother. Then again, there was a high chance I would be hunted down with lunch forks. Option number two was to set the record straight. I couldn't think of an option three in that moment, so I reluctantly pushed my chair back. It created a sadistic squeaking noise that echoed through the room, most likely mirroring my screaming soul that many believed now sought redemption. I inhaled a deep breath and clambered onto the table, holding Damon's phone in the air and waving it about like a white flag.

"Whoever photoshopped me into this is an asshole and a genius." I started, rolling my shoulders back as I glanced at the empty faces across the room.

"Since you've all received the video, I think there're a few things you could learn from it. Photoshop skills, sex tips and knowing when someone is being targeted." I pointed to the video on the phone.

"This is a fake. Despite all the juicy gossip it will provide, I did not film a sex tape. As you all know, I'm not Kim Kardashian. I mean, look at her-" Lily coughed, signalling for me to stop. I smiled and looked away guiltily.

"Bottom line is, this isn't me." I finished, laughing inwardly at the pun.

"I would appreciate it if everyone understands that." I stated, scanning the room for reluctance. Teenage eyes peered at me across the lunch tables, silent and thoughtful. Realising my moment was over, I smiled and stepped towards the edge of the table.

"So, that's it. Thank you for your time." I said, turning to scramble down to my seat, but a shrill voice stopped me.

"Is that how you get your grades?" It spat, and I twisted around, searching for the owner. I was met with green eyes that glared at me challengingly. Slutty Stacy raised a plucked eyebrow in my direction.

"Well, I would grade the creator of the video a D since they were a complete and utter dic-" Lily jumped up from her seat and interrupted me, spinning around frantically to face Stacy.

"It's a photoshop Stacy, Scarlet made that clear." She said, her eyes blinking owlishly.

"Isn't it a little strange, though?" Stacy commented, a sneer surfacing on her lips. I glanced at Lily with confusion and tilted my head.

"How so?" I questioned, my body stiffening at her rolling commentary.

"I think if I was in your position, God forbid," She began, causing my eyes to narrow scrupulously.

"I would say it was a photoshop, especially if I was embarrassed at the truth." Stacy finished, flicking her red tresses over her shoulder.

"Are you implying that I'm lying?" I inquired, jutting my chin forward as my inner defences sprung up. Slutty Stacy's fake tan sessions were hilarious during the winter, probably spurring on T-mobile's new policy, 'Orange customers can now use T-Mobile signal as a boost'. I tried to calm myself down by picturing the time she came into school burnt to a crisp. Unfortunately, baby oil does not give you a sun kissed tan when you holiday in the tropical islands. She realised that when her skin started to peel.

"No, Scarlet. I'm saying you're lying. I mean, I would, if I had sex with a teacher-"

"What?" I choked, my eyes widening at the accusation.

"It's in the video. That new teacher, what's his name..." She asked around, placing a fake fingernail on her lower lip.

"Mr. Ramono." Damon answered, joining in the conversation. I stared at the video menacingly, pressing play to see if Stacy's accusation was true. When the video sprang into action, I waited apprehensively to see the man's face. It wasn't long until his eyes crossed the screen and revealed themselves. Although, that wasn't the only thing he was revealing. At that moment in time, I really wished Damon's phone didn't have HD.

How had I not seen it? How had I missed the hair and eyes that bore such a striking resemblance to his brother? I quickly swept away the pictures that formed in my head. I didn't want to be reminded of my Italian summers anymore.

"Stacy, that sounds more like you than me." I responded coolly, tucking my hair behind my ear. Damon's phone vibrated and a message from a blocked number popped up on the screen. It was only seconds later until I heard beep sound waves shimmering across the cafeteria, resulting in everyone glancing at their phones. I grumbled as I wondered what had been sent this time. My finger hovered over the message until a sudden rush of courage forced my it to press 'open' on the screen.

"Oh my god!" Stacy exclaimed, showing the picture around. I nervously shifted on the spot and debated whether to say if it was a fake. But then Lily grabbed my hand and pulled me off the table, marching into the hallway away from the scene taking place. She stopped abruptly and I dug my heels into the ground to prevent myself from falling into her.

"We've got to take this to the headmaster." She said, standing straight and tucking her phone into her pocket.

"But what is he going to do about it?" I questioned, nibbling anxiously on my lower lip. Besides, I didn't want the headmaster seeing me in that sort of video, what if he thought I was part of some sex cult?

"Well, he could take it to the police and they could launch an investigation. Find out who's doing this." She replied, glancing towards his office.

"Is it bad enough to get the police involved though?" I questioned, feeling nervous about the possibility of the police trailing through the school. People would talk to their parents, I would be forced to wear a scarlet A, the irony would reach the general population. I could imagine the headlines of the Daily Mail now: Exam syllabus expanded to include sex favours. Horny headmaster joins for threesome. Why role-play when you can have saucy Scarlett? I shuddered at the thought.

"Scarlett, someone has put a teacher in that video." She reiterated, her face painted with concern.

"This person also sent a picture of you two kissing. To the entire school!" I tried to hide the crimson colour that crept up my neck. Was I embarrassed? No. Was I furious? Yes. The fact that Niccolo enrolled as a teacher was bad enough, but bursting my personal bubble was a big mistake. I did not appreciate being kissed so he could prove a point.

"God knows what else this sick pervert will do! Scarlett, you've got to do this now, otherwise you're condoning it." I glanced towards the noisy cafeteria and nodded slowly, the police would be able to track them down. It had to be someone at school, the angle of the camera was outside the classroom. Tingles slithered up my skin as I realised someone has been watching us. Were they there for the whole conversation? Would they trace my life back to Italy? Would they find out what happened?

"You've got a point." I said reluctantly, leaning against the wall.

"Of course I've got a point. Do you have any idea who might be doing this? Suggestions might help." Lily inquired, pulling her hair into a businesslike ponytail.

"Not really..." I replied, contemplating the possibilities. Heavy footsteps plodded down the hall and I looked up, examining the figure that strode towards us. Lily nodded her head in his direction and smiled.

"Just the man we wanted to see."