2.0 - First Day

***************

"Today is the first day of the rest of your life."

***************

2.0 - FIRST DAY

Hiroshi's Point of View

"The first day is always the hardest" , that's what they say. I never really believed it.... Not until now.

Whenever I go down the stairs, I trip, stumble, slip, and fall. Although these kind of events are new to me. NOT. I know very well that I am one of the most unlucky people in the whole world.

But I never expected this to happen. Not on the first day as a senior student.

"Hiro! Hurry up, we're gonna be late at the opening ceremony.. Again!"

Running, slipping, tripping, stumbling, falling. Those are some of my everyday morning routines. I quickly ate my breakfast and ran out of the house.

"What took you so long?" Len asked with a grin on his face. He knows exactly what I had to go through to get here.

"I had to take the 'slide'" He laughed as we started walking.

I noticed Midori lowering her head "Is something wrong, Midori-chan?" I asked.

"... We should really start running if we want to join the opening ceremony." I shook my head in disapproval.

"Nonsense, we'll get there even before the opening ceremony---" My sentence got interrupted when I noticed that they were already 2 feet away from me.

"Wait for me!!!"

***************

When we arrived at school, the opening ceremony just began and we were 4 minutes late. Or rather, I was 4 minutes late.

I couldn't catch up to them since they were running so fast and had a headstart. Giving up, I sat on a bench under a sakura tree to rest my tortured feet.

I looked at the front gate and noticed a girl with wavy hair running, like she was in a hurry. She halted as she saw me, somehow it felt like déjà vu.

"Um.. Excuse me." I looked up only to see the girl with wavy hair right in front of me.

"Yes, how may I help you?" Now that I think about it, I sound like a store clerk. She hesitated before answering.

"Well, you see. I'm a new student here... A transfer student rather. And.. well... I'm kinda lost. Can you point out where the gym is?"

I nodded "Sure, let's go there together."

I stood up from the bench and started walking. The silence was a bit awkward so I started a conversation "So.. What's your name?"

"...Shinri..." She answered "Shirozawa Shinri.. What about you?"

"It's Hiroshi, but you can call me Hiro. Because Hiroshi sounds weird." I answered and made a poker face which made her giggle.

"Okay then, Hiro-kun." She smiled and I smiled back.

***************

"And... Here we are!" I said as we arrived.

Note:

The next chapter will reveal some of Hiro's 'special traits' :D Chapter 2 will have 3 parts