Co-incidence (10) -unpublished

I woke up early the next morning- obviously, I wasn’t given a choice- the café was open for business today. Before heading out I decided on writing out an email to mum- as promised before she departed.

Hey Mom,

Well, as discussed, here’s my first email to you.

Last night I had dinner with Zayn and I think you’ll be happy to know- well, more than happy- that he and I are dating.

I know what you’re thinking.. finally. But come back to Earth dear mother, we haven’t even known each other for a month. Patricia says hi, I think she’s fond of you.

I’m heading out to the café now;  I haven’t driven in a long time so let’s hope that I don’t crash your only car. I’m thinking of spending some time with Bobby, Greg and Niall today. Let’s see.

How was the flight ?

How’s everything?

Reply soon!

P.S. I don’t miss you at all.

Love,

Your daughter

After sending the email I rushed into taking a shower and changing into pale blue skinnies a stripy top and my converse, I slung my bag on my shoulder, bolted the door, and twisted the handle methodically to double check that it was locked. I got into our very old (understatement) silver and cheap looking Kia Soul. I sighed as I inserted the keys into the acceleration. This car takes about five twists of the key to start up. I checked my mirrors and pushed the hand break down.

Slowly I lifted the clutch as I moved into the 1st gear, and then simultaneously I pushed down on the acceleration, the car purred loudly but at least it began to move. I drove smoothly through the streets finally reaching my little family’s’ little café.

We hadn’t opened yet, so I unlocked the front door and flipped the little cardboard cut sign to indicate that the place was now open. I looked around, and decided on getting the AC working and the cash registry up and running, then performing its daily checkup. After which I went into the kitchen and got on to brewing a pot of coffee, next I decided on making some cookie dough, which doesn’t take very long, I had only got the flour out when the bell of the door chimed, someone had entered. I dusted my hands on my apron and walked out smoothly, ready to great the customer.

“Harry” I said instead, smiling at my friend.

“Poppy” he nodded, shaking his coat off and hanging it on the employee peg  “What ‘chu up to?” He asked cheekily.

I decided on putting off the fact that I’m dating Zayn Malik for a while, I could tell him later “About to bake some cookies. Care to join?” I responded, giving in to a little curtsey. 

“Anything for you Mi-Lady”

“Cheesy” I smiled. He followed me into my little habitat, and he watched as I moved around the room and began mixing ingredients. By the time the cookies were in the oven it was still too early for anyone else to be in.

“Now what?” He said, clapping his hands on his thighs after he shimmied himself up onto the counter.

“Time to make a chocolate pie” I said gleefully.

“Do I get to taste the batter”

“If you give me a good reason..” 

“To see if you’ve poisoned it”