Co-incidence (4)

“UH-HUH, THIS MY SHIT, ALL THE GIRLS STOMP YOUR FEET LIKE THIS! A FEW TIMES IVE BEEN AROUND THAT TRACK SO ITS NT JUST GONNA HAPPEN LIKE THAT COS I AINT NO HOLLABACK GIRL I AINT NO HOLLABACK GIRLS” I sang the meaningful words of the wise Gwen Stefani in the shower, making sure I didn’t smell like rotten pineapples with an onion sauce.

Graphic, I know. Today I obviously had no school, I was working at the café, my usual weekend workout. I wrapped myself in my plush towel and platted my wet hair, I decided on wearing my KISS tank top, and no not kiss as in, lets perform some typical PDA, no no no! Kiss as in the band, the legendary band. Love them. I pulled up my boyfriend jeans, slipped on some toms and suspenders. I was going to leave my hair down, but I can’t be bothered, so I made a bun, messy or not, I really couldn’t care less.

“MUMMMMMMMMM” I dragged on.

“YESSSSSSS” She mocked me “Let’s go” She smiled, dangling her car keys on her pointer. I rolled my eyes playfully, knowing full well that she could see.

“We have a new employee coming in today” My mum smiled approvingly as we drove off.

“I know” I said calmly, remembering my conversation with Harry last night.

“Oh do you know?” She said in the most perverted way a mother could.

“Oh god, save me” I said and looked out the window “Are you going to hire him?” I wondered.

“Yes, we need the extra help” She said matter-of-factly while parking, in the employee only zone. I jumped out and ran in, my mother trailing behind. It was quite early in the morning so we didn’t have very many people inside the café.

“YO YO YO HOME BOY!” I greeted Sam by attacking him with a hug from the back.

“Oh! Look who it is! Have you had breakfast?” He asked, being the kind chef he is.

“Yo whaddap Pop to the P!” Amun said walking in, he’s Chinese, and he’s so gangster I love him already.

“Amun my man! Nothing much, and by the way Sam, im starved!” I fake cried.

“Someone got up on the right side of the bed today” He joked with me as Amun walked up to us both.

“Well, someone just found their wake up song!” I replied cheerfully.

“Oooh is it as long as you love me by Justin Bieber?” Amun asked excitedly.

“Sometimes you scare me, but no. THIS SHIT IS BANANAS B-A-N-A-N-A-S!” I said, hoping that they’d figure it out.

“Ohh Gwen is a babe” Sarah said as she walked in on our conversation.

“PREACH DEAR LORD!” I said happily.

“So… pancakes?” Sam offered, still going on about breakfast.

“What is going on here?” My mum asked as she eyed all of us.

“Nothing much Rose, talking about breakfast. Can we make you anything?” Sam smiled confidently.

“Oh you wonderful people. Amun, could you muster up a bagel for yours truly?” She chuckled and walked out.

“Boss is so cool” Sarah fanned her face in awe, and I laughed at her.

“PANCAKES SAMUEL!” I grabbed onto his arm and thrusted it in all the directions, and he just playfully smacked mine away.

“Hush peasant, I am getting the ingredients sorted!”  He retorted, and it made me laugh.

***