Safe And Sound

I woke up with a jolt as my mother pounded on the door. "Get up! Your going to be late!" She yelled. "Ok I'm up. Gosh." I slowly crawled out of bed and looked around my room. Today is the day that I get to go down to our school districts elementary school and teach my own class. I was part of a group of students that got picket to teach a class, and I am actually going to teach kindergarten. I got up and did my regular retain: Shower, get dressed, do my hair brush my teeth. Same old- same old. This is my outfit- http://www.polyvore.com/lt/set?id=89504911#fans. I rushed out the door and walked to the bus that was waiting for me at the end of the driveway.

*Later That Day*

I had made it through the day pretty good. I had a class of 15 students and they were all well behaved. we were about to leave the room to go to lunch when the announcement speaker clicked on and the principle said in a very worried tone "Code Blue!" And it then clicked back off. I felt my heart drop to my stomach and I hurried to lock the door and turn off the classroom lights. Code blue in our school means their is an intruder in the school, so we have to lock the door and turn off the lights and hide. I acted cool and put a smile on my face and said "Ok were gonna play a game. All of you go to the back of the room and into the cupboard and you have to stay really quiet and you can't come out until I say the magic word. The word is... um.... pickles." I said as I got them all into the closet. I knew that I wouldn't be able to fit into it with them, so I stood along the wall praying that this was just a drill that I didn't know about. I went to move a piece of hair behind my ears and notices how bad my hands were shaking. So I started to mouth the words to Safe and Sound by Taylor Swift.

As I got to the chorus I heard the door knob start to jiggle. I felt tears cloud my eyes. Then it stopped. I let out a breath that I didn't even know I was holding. But suddenly the door flew open, and in came a man that looked to be in his mid forties, carrying the one thing that I never wanted to see. A gun.I swallowed. It seemed like he hadn't noticed me yet, and he started walking around the room, until he stopped beside the closet. I knew that he was going to look in there for the kids. Then I felt my heart get stronger, and I knew what I had to do. So I took one second to find my courage, then stepped out into the open. He noticed me and turned to face me, with a smirk on his face. "Where are they?" He husky voice demanded. "They took the kids out of the room, and I came back to get something." I told him. "You sure about that?" He asked. I nodded a 'yes'. "Show me where they went." He demanded. 'One second of courage' I thought to myself. "No." He dug a hand gun out of his back pocket. "I'll give you one more chance." He told me. "No." I said again. He held the gun against my head, right between my eyes. I was terrified, and I knew that I would die. I softly started singing.

"Just close your eyes,

You'll be alright,

No one can hurt you know.

Come morning light,

You and I'll be safe and sound."

Just as I finished the last verse I heard a familiar Bang. And then it was just cold and peaceful.