chapter one

i know what your thinking another one! it's just i'm stuck and this one came to mind!don't worry i'll still update the others as much as possible i'm not going to stick to one story and forget the others. so tell me what you think!

Prologue (Keera –Key-air-a- that’s how I pronounce it)

“Keera.” The young mother gasped looking at the baby as it got picked up by a new wolf mother. “Please don’t hurt my baby!” she said looking at the wolf Keera the only thing identifying her baby was the locket with her name in scripted on it. the wolf mother looked at the young mother and then the baby. And nodded once picking the three year old infant up and having it ride on her back. Leaving the dying mother. She was on vacation in India when she and her husband where attacked. Killing them both.

Chapter one 14 years later

Keera’s POV

“Keera what where you doing?” my wolf mother asked me. I smiled and showed her the dead fish in my bag I had found. “It was my turn to hunt mother.” I reminded her. my father chuckled and stuck his large head in a bag and pulled one out he inspected it. “It’s not infected. Eat.” He ordered my brothers and sisters and me. I smiled I should explain.

Well my mother rescued me when I was little from my dying parents. I can speak to animals. But wolf is easiest to understand. I have four brothers and two sisters. All from the same litter. Oh yhea I wear animal skins over my chest and around my hips like I’ve seen some women in the village wear only making mine more convenient for jungle life.

I saw Micah the runt sit next to me he was my best friend. I smiled at him as we ate he’s now the largest of them and most likely the next alpha. If he can beat his brothers at the challenge. But he doesn’t want it. in fact he and I are planning on going into the nearby village tonight with scar tonight. He’s a panther friend of ours. In the village I am known as the she wolf of the jungle.

“Keera.” Micah whispered in my ear. I looked up at his body which was towering on top of me. I pushed him off.  “Time to go.” He whispered. We do this every now and then so I can figure out what I am. I don’t look like most of the females in the village. I’ve got tan skin sure but not as dark as theirs. But sometimes a visitor drops in and they look more like me but still not the same.

I ran a hand threw my long hair and pulled out my knife and chopped some off I worked on making it even as scar reached us. I smiled and put my knife back on my hip. I have a sash I hook it on.

When we reached the village I saw a large family visiting. I climbed up the tree that I was forbidden to cross. Father called it risky. Mother called it pure stupidity getting close to the humans. They would kill us in fear if we ever got to close. I rested after pulling Micah up in the tree with me. he wasn’t too happy about it. but closed his eyes and pretended he was on the ground. Scar sighed and watched them. “The new humans smell different.” He told me. I looked at them. “I wish I could get closer scar.” I told him honestly. He smiled. “Just because you can’t doesn’t mean I can’t.” he smiled and jumped down. I froze looking at Micah as he jumped down backing closer to the jungle. I did the same until someone screamed. I spun around and sighed. “Tell father I’m going to save  scar. Again.” he nodded and ran into the woods.

I ran up to the man about to shot scar and knocked the gun from his hands pulling the knife out of my pocket. they watched me as I backed into scar he was growling at the people behind me. I looked at one of the humans. “It’s the she wolf.” A villager whispered. “Go.” I snarled at scar he looked at me and saw I was serious. He nodded and ran I kept the humans from following him. they looked at me scared. Of course they would I just sounded like a panther. I saw my father running to the edge of the jungle his eyes wide as I was surrounded by humans. One of them stepped closer to me so I tried to slice him with my dagger. He looked me in the eyes and gasped. “WE won’t hurt you.” I looked at the jungle and my father as he growled at the male. He wanted the man to step back. He looked at scar as they exchanged words. I looked back at the male. And our eyes met again and I froze something about him was making me want to stay. And be with him. it was broken as soon as a woman screamed again and scar ran beside me I jumped on his back and he took off for the woods.

Father scolded me for endangering my life. and as soon as he was done he buried his head in my neck. “I love you like my own Keera.” He whispered. I smiled. “I know father.” I cried as I buried my face in his neck as well. my mother’s head was in my lap. And my brothers and sister were surrounding us. We fell asleep like that.

VOTE COMMENT AND FAN