chapter two

Chapter two

Ethan’s POV

I sat on a chair as my father talked to the villagers. Our pack was lost we’re looking for a nearby pack but can’t find it. we were looking for my sister. She’d run off because of some bullying at school. So she came out here to her mate’s pack. her mate’s pack had come to America looking for land. They had found some in no man’s land but weren’t allowed near it until the rest of the pack had settled in over a few years he the alpha would be there. But because of the stupid law he had to stay here. stupid immigration laws separating my sister and her mate. forcing me to come to some far off country, getting me lost near the jungle. I looked at my best friend who was sleeping next to me. I sighed and listened to my dad speak gibberish.

Okay explaining time! I’m a werewolf. I’m next in line to be alpha. I have a large pack back in America. In Cali. And some of Nevada. That’s just the territory the entire pack lives together. it’s got roughly two hundred family’s total.

Around midnight I heard a woman scream and looked out and saw a panther. “Really?” I asked Seth. He shrugged and we followed the other men outside and surrounded it. a man pulled out a gun and was knocked to the ground by a teenage girl. She ran over to the panther. I tensed. Is she insane! She had her back to his side and pulled out a knife. she looked at us and growled the panther looked at her then ran into the woods. What the hell did she just speak to it?

“It’s the she wolf.” A villager whispered frightened. I looked at him confused then back at the angel in front of me. wait. ANGEL? I’m confused. Seth took a few steps closer to her and she took a swipe at him with her dagger. *she’s scared.* my wolf told me. I slowly took a step closer. “WE won’t hurt you.” I told her and our eyes met for a split second. *MATE! MINE!* My wolf howled I gasped and she looked at the jungle then back at me our eyes met again and she looked confused. the panther ran beside her and she jumped on and he ran back into the woods. I took a step to follow her but stopped when a large male wolf growled at me. I bared my teeth. “Mine!” I hissed as he disappeared. I looked at my dad  and he sighed pulling us back in the house we’re staying in. “You found your mate.” he smiled proud. “Who is she?” he asked me. “The girl who just got taken away by the panther.” I said falling to the ground. “The she wolf?” he asked me. I nodded.

“You wish to know about the she wolf?” a man asked me I nodded. “I knew her father. I gave him a guide through the jungle. We were attacked by a tiger. Everyone died. But me. I just barely made it. she was taken by a wolf. Who everyone believe raised her with the pack of wolves. Every now and then something like this happens in villages on the edge of the jungle. She’ll watch and sometimes she protects other times she kills the animal and then drags it’s dead body into the jungle with the help of a wolf and panther. They only way I know it’s the same girl is the dagger and locket. Her name is engraved on it. Keera. She’d be seventeen now. The dagger she’d snatched in a village once. Sometimes on tours you see her. she’ll either be hunting or just having fun. But she always goes back at sunset to her pack. like a true young she wolf.” He told me I nodded and said thank you and went to bed thinking of my angel.

Keera’s POV

I jumped down from my position on my tree and started following the guy who promised not to hurt me and his family. From a distance so they wouldn’t notice me. something about him made me want to be near him. with him at all times. I don’t get it. my brothers watched me for a while then went back to hunting. I saw one of them grab a poisonous fruit. I ran up to them and smacked it out of his hand. I only know how to say a few human words. Yes no Ow Keera mom dad stop him her you and she wolf. When he glared at me and picked it up I did it again and kicked it against the tree. “No.” I told him. he looked surprised. “Seth.” He said pointing to himself. “She wolf Keera.” I said pointing to myself.  I looked at the man beside him. “Keith.” He said pointing to himself.

I looked at the last one. Avoiding his eyes. “Ethan.” He said repeating the action. He held out his hand. I looked at it confused. He smiled and reached for mine. I jumped back and he sighed. “Keera I won’t hurt you.” he promised. I slowly took his hand and a very strong tingling when through my body ripping my hand from his I grabbed the tree branch above me and pulled myself up. and looked at him showing him my hand. “You Ow.” I said pointing to my hand. he sighed. “I’m sorry it was an accident.” He said sad. I jumped down and stood in front of him. “Where are we going again?” the second eldest asked. “it’s an hour’s walk from here east. There you will find Cole’s house.” the old man said. I know where they’re going. I took Ethan’s hand and pulled him I know a fast way there. “Do you want us to follow you?” he asked me. I nodded and my father jumped in front of us before I could show them where to go.

“Father there lost.” I told him he growled ordering me to stand behind him. I lowered my head and walked up to him. “Father I’m just showing them to the small palace.” I told him he growled again and rubbed his head against mine. “be careful Keera. I do not trust any human.” He said and licked my cheek. “You are not human. You are a she wolf dear.” He told me I smiled and hugged him. I smiled and he ran into the safety of the trees.