Chapter 21

>Loco's Pov<

"... I know how to solve this problem!"

I look at Soojung and then at her mom. None of them says a single word.
"H-how?" SooYoo asks.
"I know that you need to get surgery because of your heart problems." I say while looking at SooJung's mother. "I'll pay for it!"

Both, Sooyoo and her mom, have tears in their eyes, but a small smile appears on their faces. Soojung seems shocked
"Would... would you really do this?" Mrs Park asks. "Of course! You're SooJung's mother!... and I don't want her to loose someone she loves again."
"No..." Soojung suddenly says.
"What? Why unnie?!?" "I can't let you do this Hyukwoo. I would feel bad." "I knew that you would feel like this!" I pause for a moment to look at each of their faces.

"You can pay back a part of the prize. If you want of course."
Soojung looks at me.
"How?" "Sign with AOMG! A few percent of the money you will earn won't go to the label or to you."
"Do you get the money?" SooYoo asks me.
"No." "But you said I should give back the money..." "Yes, but not to me." "Who will get it?" Mrs Park says.
"It will be donated to an association that helps people who don't have enough money to pay for medical threatment."

A few minutes silence.

What will Soojung do?

"I'm not even sure if I could sign with AOMG. I-"

I cut her off.
"I already talked to Jay and Simon hyung. They would be really happy if you would join us." "I don't know. I need to think about it!"
She looks on the ground befor she continues speaking

"I'm going home. I need... I need to e alone"
She stands up and walks out of the apartment as fast as possible.
I stand up too, bow to Mrs Park and SooYoo and run after Soojung.

"SOOJUNG!" I scream.
She's walking towards the stairs without even turning around.
"Soojung, wait!"
This time she really stops, but she still won't turn around to look at me.
"Let me drive you home."
"STOP IT!" She screams out of nowhere
"Stop what?"I ask confused.

What is she talking about?

"Stop trying to help me! I did everything by myself in the last years! I don't need your help! It's MY mom, NOT YOURS! I need to help her. And I'll find a way to do so! Just stop! Got it?!"

Although she's angry, tears start to roll down her cheeks.
She leans against the wall, slowly slides down and sits on the floor while crying.
"Soojung," I say in a calm voice while sitting down next to her,  "I know you don't want me to help you but if your mom won't get surgery, she won't feel better, right?" Soojung nods.

"I know that you don't want to loose her. And I also know that you did everything in your own. You earn money to help your mom but you need to think about yourself too! You can live your dream and help your mon if you accept my offer... Why don't you accept it?"
She looks at me and then puts her head on my shoulder.

We stay quiet for some minutes.

"I... I don't know why. It's just that I was the one that always helped mom and now... I'm not able to help her anymore. I'm afraid..."

I look at Soojung and take her hand in mine.

"You don't need to be afraid. It's okay to ask for help. As soon as you earn enough money with your music, you don't need to worry about not being able to help your mom anymore."

I stand up and pick Soojung up right after
"What are you doing, Hyukwoo?" "Taking you home." "Like this? You want to carry me all the way?" "I'm just bringing you to my car." "I can walk! My feet aren't hurt!"

>SooJung's POV<

He doesn't answer and just keeps walking while carrying me.

I actually like being carried like this

He puts me down infront of his car and opens the door for me.

...

We're sitting inside the car for a few minutes now.
We aren't talking, the radio isn't playing either. It's just silent inside the car.

"Soojung..."
I look at Hyukwoo
"Why was Mino in the waiting room?"
"Didn't I told you already? ... why do you want to know? ... Are you jealous?" "No. Or is there a reason for me to be. I heared him saying that he likes you." "He does. But as his friend. Don't worry!"
"Oh. Good. But he should still know that you're taken." "Since when do I have a boyfriend?" I ask and laugh.

Hyukwoo turn to me and gives me the 'are-you-kidding'-look.
"You should focus on the street mister."
He turns his head to look at the street again.
"But I'm you boyfriend." "You're not. You never asked me out!"

Doesn't he notice that I'm joking?

We arrive at the building I'm living in.
Hyukwoo parks his car and we get out of it.

We are standing infront of the building and just look at each other.
He takes my hands in his and looks directly in my eyes.

"Park Soojung, I love you. I love you more than I love music and I don't want to be without you. I want to help you making your dreams come true and I want to show you how much you mean to me everyday. I just want to make you happy."
"But you already do this!"
"But... can I do this as your boyfriend?

I blush and so does Hyukwoo.

Did he really just asked me to be his girlfriend?