Chapter 2: The little incident.

This, my friends, is chapter two. Also known as the chapter where all my suffering started.

~*~

On the way to my small, beat up old fashioned slug bug I noticed someone leaning against the far side of my car. I immediately thought it was Ari wanting a ride home from school, but instead I got an even more pleasant surprise.

                “What do you think you’re doing here?” I said, a little surprised and angry. I slipped my back pack off of my shoulder and set it on the roof of the car.

                “Just waiting for a pretty lady.” He said obnoxiously. He flipped his hair to the side and attempted to look cool leaning against my car door. I rolled my eyes at him and attempted to open my door.  Instead he grabbed my hand and kissed the top of it.

                “UUGH!” I yelped, disgusted. “Don’t even think for a moment that you can just-“

                My words were silenced when he pulled me into a small kiss. Instantly my instincts kicked in and I shoved myself away from him. I whipped my lips and spat on the concrete. “Who the hell do you think you are? Some Romeo who thinks every girl loves you? God get a reality check!” I screamed, going on an all caps rage. I glared at him with lots of hatred.

                A look of confusion crossed threw his features before it was replaced with cockiness. “Oh come on, you know you liked it.” He leaned back against my car and crookedly smiled at me. Gosh how much I just wanted to punch him.

                “Just get away from my car! No one ever asked you to come over here.” I said, my left hand pointed to the lot of cars behind me. I stared at him angrily and watched as he took a step away from my car.

                “Guess I’ll catch you later tonight then.” He winked at me, just before turning around and heading down the row of cars slowly backing out and honking at each other.  I let out a giant breath I didn’t know I was holding in. This was starting to turn into a  high school romance book, and I knew it so I did what I knew I had to do. Go home and completely change my appearance.

~*~

The next day my hair was dark brown and I had just enough foundation on to cover most of my dreaded freckles. I put on a light pink lipstick, and a thin layer of eyeliner. Then for the finishing touch, I wore my newest pair of navy blue skinny jeans and my new Smashing Pumpkins band t-shirt. Hopefully, if he thought I wasn’t even at school today, he would forget about all the crap that happened yesterday and move on with his life of dating, sex, and popularity.

Only one fallback, he was in my science. I would just have to lay low and sit somewhere behind him.  Lets just hope that Mrs. Lib doesn’t decide to call my name during class. That would ruin everything.

“JUUUUUUUUUUUULIET!”  Taylor screamed. I spun around and saw her running up to me with a look of total astonishment on her face.  “WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU??!?!”

“SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!” I covered Taylor’s mouth with my hand and looked around in search for the one who cannot be named. “I’m under cover.”

“Are you really that worried that Aaron is gonna notice you?” She said, removing my hand from her mouth and giving me a snotty look. I looked at her, surprised that she knew and angry that she was being a snot.

“Look, I’ve hated him since 6th grade. Now he just decided he was going to kiss me in the parking lot and make me look like a jerk off.” I raised my hands in the air, only to let them fall back down to my sides.

                “You’re just making it seem like you like him. Gosh you’re so melodramatic.”

                I glared at her. “Well excuse me for trying to run away from some psycho trying to get me to go out with him. You know his reputation. “

                She just stared at me, obviously not even listening.

                “You didn’t even listen to what I just said did you?”

                She grabbed my hair and played with it. “This is a good look for you.” She said, looking over my hair. I just glared at her more.

“I’m leaving.” I said, turning and walking back to the school

                “Fine then!” She yelled back at me. “Be that way!”

~*~

                At my locker I started to talk to Ronnie.

                “So, I heard you were making out with Aaron…” He said, wiggling his eyebrows at me. I just rolled my eyes.

                “It seems everyone knows about that little incident, huh?” I said, with no hint of humor in my tone.

                “Of course they do, it was on everyone’s Facebook.”

                Curse that stupid excuse for a social network site. I sighed. “I should have known it would happen. Things go fast when there about Aaron.” When I said his name anger rose in my voice. He had probably wrote a status about how I was just another girl he had hooked on his fishing line. I looked over at Ronnie and saw a hint of sadness in his expression. When he saw I was looking, he quickly turned into his old self. “You okay?”

                “Huh?”

                “ Nothing, Never mind.” I was a little confused, but I just dropped the subject. Whatever it was he didn’t feel like talking about.

                I slammed my locker door and slipped my back pack over one of my shoulders. As rushed to the car parking lot, I looked over just in time to see Aaron going to his locker. Points for me. So far my day had gone well. I got through my science class, without a hint of acknowledgement from Aaron, and all my other classes went by before I even knew what hit me. Now I got to go home and hopefully have no more encounters with the one who shall not be named.

~*~

Aarons P.O.V

                I shut my locker door and hunched my bag onto my shoulder. I was surprised about what Julieta had done to her hair and face. At first, I didn’t recognize her. Until I saw her at her locker, quickly reapplying some foundation that had rubbed off and was showing freckles. Honestly, I really liked the new hair color. It suited her more wild personality. To bad she wasn’t getting off this ride any time soon. I knew that I would make her mine in less than a week or two. I have never failed in the past. The only problem I have is her friend Ronnie, who has a crush on her.