Chapter 1: Notes in Science Class

So here we go, the first chapter of my life. The day my story started.  I’ll try not to bore you with my first day of school, but what am I talking about? It’s probably boring as golf on T.V.

~*~

                After a long morning of rushing and clumsily falling over, I arrived to my home room class. When I walked in, I was almost the last person to arrive, and everyone seemed to gain interest in me.

                I took a seat next to my friend Ari (short of Arianna), Taylor, and Liv (short for Olivia). Automatically their heads turned towards me and they became the weirdest exotic people you will ever meat.

                “JUUUUUUULLLLIIIIET” Ari practically yelled, giving me a look of exasperation. “Did you fall into the toilet? You take forever”

                I glared at her. “Jeez, sorry I had a time limit of how long I could be in the restroom”

                I slid out of my chair slowly, trying not to fall, and took my load of Kleenex to my homeroom teacher, Mrs. Deena. “Good morning.” She said in monotone, flashing me a fake smile just like she had to every other student.  Every teacher was the same these days.

                When I sat back down at my desk, Liv was weirdly making up a secret handshake with Taylor.

                “NOO! It’s snap, left, right, then crash!” Taylor exclaimed, showing liv how to do it right.

                “Calm down my pet lobsters!” Ari said randomly. Oh how I love my random friends. Both Taylor and Liv started shooting comebacks at Ari, Calling each other random names such as Turtles and Sparkly Ninja Acorns.  

                “Three bald men in a bath tub.” I said over there random chatter. All of us started laughing uncontrollably, Especially Taylor. You see, in eighth grade we had a math substitute.  Before class ended, he decided it would be a good idea to draw random objects on the board and see if we could guess what they were.  For the last drawing, he drew a long rectangle with three circles side by side in it. When he asked us what it was, the guy sitting next to me named Justin replied, “Three bald men in a bathtub?” And ever since then, it has been me and my friends inside joke.  We seemed to not be able to get over how random and funny it was. That’s just how we roll.

                “Guess what?” Liv asked me, Ari and Taylor. “Aaron’s got a new girlfriend.”

                I automatically groaned. I hated talking about Aaron.  I had had a crush on him in 6th grade, and ever since then I just couldn’t really talk to him. Then when we got to high school, he turned into what was now known as “the player.” He has long brown hair and brown eyes. Not to muscular and not to skinny. He had his fair share of acne in the past, but ever since he entered high school, he had pretty clear skin. A-hole.

                “What Juliet? Are you jealous?” Taylor teased. She knew just how much I despised him.  She just wanted to make me mad. It worked.

                “Don’t even start” I half growled half groaned, glaring at her. “You’re just trying to start an argument, huh?”

                She started laughing.

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP.

                The bell suddenly decided to make an ugly appearance. 

Me, Liv, Ari and Taylor all stood up in unison and followed each other out the door. I went my separate way to my new locker, and I know what you’re thinking. That I’m going to get a locker next to Aaron.  And honestly, I seriously hope you are all wrong. Too bad dreams don’t come true. I found myself at locker 228. Right next to Aaron’s locker, which was 229.