The End

Yato looked up to see his life flash before his eyes.

He glimpsed everything--from his blood-soaked childhood to his days of happiness with Hiyori and Yukine. Everything that had happened; everything that had led up to this moment.

The moment he would die.

He stared into the beautiful purple circle in the sky, studying it's intricate designs. He gave a soft smile. The same shade as Hiyori's eyes.

The god closed his eyes. Who knew it'd end like this, he thought. Divine Punishment.

But he knew that he had no regrets. Even if he wasn't the Sorcerer, he still knew not dying now wouldn't have made a difference. Soon enough, Heaven would have sent him death just for having ties to the bastard.

He smiled again. In his realization that this was the end, everything had become silent; peaceful. The world had become hushed in his ears, as if Mother Earth herself had caught her breath in excitement--waiting for what was next.

Yato lowered his head, ready for his fate. He would accept it with no opposition, because he knew that those dear to him were safe. Sekki had long been thrown out of harm's way, and he knew Hiyori was sure to be the same.

Until he was flung forward, joining those who were safe.

What?

Yato looked up to see a girl standing in the same place he had been just a moment ago. Her eyes matched the color of the beautiful circle, and her arms were in front of her from her shove.

His heart stopped.

Hiyori?

She smiled, and then all was white.