15

please tell me what you guys think in the comments, remember to vote thank you :)

*Next week, thursday*
I woke up to the sound of my text alert going off.

From: Violet
'Hey girl! Sooo Damon's throwing a HUGE party tomorrow night, and I really really really want you to come! PPPLEEASSSE don't say no!'

From: Evelyn
'Okay. I could use a little fun :) What time?'

From: Violet
'Umm 9 I think. I'll pick ya up!'
From: Evelyn
'K! Getting excited!'

Since that night I spent with Harry, I couldn't get him out of my mind. It was bad. I found myself thinking about the smoothness of his skin, and the caring words he spoke to me. And I couldn't help but think back to Jace.

He frightened me even more than Harry. I wondered what his next move would be. I gulped at the thought. Does he know where I live?
Despite what happened at the last party I went to, I found myself yearning more and more to party away my fearful thoughts.

------Friday--------

I went to my closet and started pulling out every single item of clothing I owned. I couldn't decide on what to wear.
Eventually, I found a pair of black shorts and black graphic tee to match. I revealed a little more of my body, but I didn't care. It's not like Harry was gonna be there.
So I thought.

"Evelyn! Violet's here!" My dad called out.
I walked down the stairs, ready to open the front door when my dad cleared his throat...loudly.
I turned around to face him.
"Where are you going? Dressed like that?"
"Um, a party." I nervously shifted on my feet.
"Is Harry going to be there?" His tone was a little harsh.
"No." I said abruptly. I wouldn't being going if he was. I couldn't risk being around him. I didn't trust myself, he was dangerous, and I couldn't be getting tangled up with him.

"Well, please be careful. If anything happens, like a boy is troubling you, you know you can ca-
"Dad, I'll be fine. Ok? I gotta go."
"What time will you be back?"
"Um, I don't know. Probably around midnight."
I quickly walked out the door before my father could further press me with questions.

I knew he was just trying to protect me. I was lucky to have a father that actually cared, but sometimes he could be a bit overbearing.
I got into the car and Violet's eyes wandered up and down my body.
"You look good, Evelyn. I bet you're gonna being batting guys off tonight." She said with a grin.
"Shut up. I don't look that good."
"Mmmhhmmm. Sure."
"So, how are things going with you and Damon?" I said, changing the subject.
"Really good!" She perked up. "We've hung out quite a bit. We've kissed a few times. He's really nice. I can't wait for you to meet him!"

I gave her a genuine smile. She seemed to lighten up when she talked about him. It made me long for someone that would do that to me, make me light up.
The closer we got to Damon's house, the more excited I got. I secretly hoped that I could meet a new guy at the party. I needed to forget about what happened the night I spent with Harry. Sure, he was kind that one time, but all the other times he was nothing but trouble. I couldn't let one experience ruin my judgement towards him. I figured the best way to forget was to meet new people.
We pulled up to the busy house. Cars were parked all around it.

"Wow" I said, amazed at the size of the place.
We got out of the car, Violet grabbing my hand and tugging me into the house. We pushed passed masses of people, most of them drunk. Violet was looking for Damon.
As we turned a corner into the kitchen, I saw a familiar towering figure talking to a group of girls. It was hard to see because the lights were dim, but his hair seemed to be curly.
No freaking way.
It can't be Harry I thought to myself, but before I could make sure, Violet had spotted Damon, dragging me over to him.

"Damon!" Violet squealed.
"Hey, Violet!" His already happy stature became happier. He embraced her in a tight hug, before placing a kiss on her forehead. His arm snaked around her waist as they faced me.
He had dark red hair, it was a little shaggy, but he pulled it off well. His clear blue eyes were lit up.

"You must be Evelyn! Violet has told me about you, I'm Damon." He stuck out his tan hand, shaking mine firmly.
"Yup, that's me. I'm glad to finally meet you."
"Hey, do you girls want a drink. Beer?"
We both nodded. He walked away to fetch us some alcohol.
"He seems nice, Violet." Her cheeks flushed at my comment.
"I'm glad you think so."
Damon returned with our drinks. The three of us talked for a bit, when we were interrupted by a hand squeezing my bum.

I spun around to face a pair of two blue eyes.