13

please comment and vote.

I would have ran away if it weren't for the fact that he looked as though he had been crying too.
He kneeled down next time. His arms embracing me, as he whispered an "I'm sorry" into my ear.
I looked up at him, pulling away. "What are you sorry for?" I needed to know the cause of his surprising kindness towards me. "Because you have a lot to be sorry for!" I snapped before I began to cry again.
His green eyes looked straight into my wide brown eyes and said, "For everything, Evelyn. I never meant to hurt you. I didn't know that he had passed away. I really didn't. I was just curious, I wouldn't have asked if I knew. And I'm sorry about Jace, how he treated you. He disrespected you." His eyes grew dangerously angry. "He's a fucking waste of space. I won't ever let him near you again!" He started to yell. I knew he wasn't angry at me, but he still caused me to back away from him. I still didn't know if I could trust him.
Harry continued to speak, trying to calm himself, "I didn't know Caleb passed away until I came here and saw the tombstone. As I was starting to leave the graveyard, I saw you walking. I knew where you were headed to, obviously. Soon you were on your knees crying. I watched you. I didn't know what else to do. Then you started to scream, and I couldn't bare it anymore, so I thought I would try to comfort you."
He looked at me, a shred of hope gleaming in his eyes.
I didn't give him the reaction he was hoping for.
"Who the hell do you think you are?"
He looked stunned by my words.
"W-what do you mean?" For once, he was the one stuttering.
"You act like you care! You act like you respect me! Everything you have done has said otherwise! What about the movie theater? You forced yourself on me! You frighten me into dating you and then you follow me around like some freak stalker, then you have the fucking nerve to ask me intimate details about my life from Caleb to whether I've been intimate with someone? Who. the. hell. do. you. think. you. are!? I looked at Harry, his face twisted with anger and a slight twinge of hurt. With that I found myself losing my focus. Everything went black.
I woke up to the sound of brakes coming to a swift halt. I looked over and saw Harry unbuckling his seatbelt. He glanced up at me, surprised.
"You're awake."
"Did I, did I black out?"
Harry nodded.
"Are you taking me home?
"I wasn't going to leave you alone in the graveyard, and I figured you wouldn't want your parents to see that you had passed out. I thought I would take you back to my place until you had some time to recover..."
My eyes widened with fear.
"Don't worry, I wouldn't have tried anything, at least not until you were awake." He "assured" me. I could see him smirking. I was too tired to protest, I let him carry me bridal style into apartment.
He set me gently on his bed. I sat up with the little strength I had left and watched as Harry took off his pants, shoes, and shirt. His torso was as toned as I had expected it to be. It was a little tan too, with tattoos adorning it. I wondered the meanings behind them. He saw me staring, his eye dropping into a wink.
"Like what you see, eh? I knew you would." He smirked. My cheeks turned red.
"You're cute when you blush, Evelyn." He displayed the wide smile I had come to enjoy.
I turned my face away from him in embarrassment.
Suddenly, I started to frown.

Harry's POV
"You're cute when you blush, Evelyn." I looked over at her and saw that she had turned her face away from me in embarrassment.
A few seconds later her embarrassed faced turned into a frowning face.
Crap. I've ruined my chances again. She'll probably take off running, or sneak off in the middle of the night.
I quickly gave her a pair of my boxers and one of my T-shirts. She grabbed them and made her way into the bathroom. She came out, my T-shirt hitting mid-thigh. I couldn't stop my eyes from wandering. She was incredibly hot in my clothes, the shirt was obviously too big but it still clung to her body so perfectly.
Her soft voice pulled me out of my thoughts.
"Harry?" She asked quietly, as she sat on my bed.
"Yeah?" I walked over to the bed, and sat myself right next her. I placed my finger under her chin, bringing her face to look at me. Her beautiful brown eyes were wide with realization, her pouty mouth, slightly agape. She was frightened. Her soft lips began to move but she didn't say anything. She was unsure of what to say. "Tell me." I encouraged her calmly.
"Does Jace know where you live?" She rushed her words, but she said them quietly. I noticed her hands started to shake.
"Are you scared of me?" I quickly asked.
Her doe eyes widened, then shut close, before they fluttered open again, as if she didn't want to answer the question.
"Yes. I don't know your intentions. You can beat the life out of people, and you have almost beat the life out of people. You've slept around with so many girls..."
"Shhh..." I cut her off, putting my finger to her lips. Damn, they were so smooth.
I could see the tears forming in her eyes, I felt guilty.
"Baby, you don't have to be scared of me. I won't hurt you. I would never hit a woman. That's one thing I will always stand by. You don't have to be scared of Jace finding you here, I will protect you. I wouldn't let him near you. Plus, he isn't exactly in good shape to continue what he was doing earlier." I chuckled before I continued. "As for my intentions with you, um, you're beautiful. I've always thought so. I like how you care for you friends and parents. And I like that you didn't like me fo-"
I was surprisingly cut off when Evelyn threw her arms around my waist, burying her face into my chest, as she got the last of her tears out.
Hearing her cry was painful. I didn't want her to cry, I wanted to lift away her pain. I didn't tell her that, I didn't want to scare her away further. I motioned my hand, pressing circles into her back, hoping to calm her down. She didn't realize the affect she had on me, that she's always had on me. I wondered if she even remembers me from high school. I wondered if she remembers that we were also in kindergarten together, and how we promised to always love and protect one another.
I always remembered that promise, even if she didn't.
But here we were, embracing one another on my bed, me comforting one of the most beautiful girls I had ever seen.
I was finally content.

do you all mind following me.