The preparation

A few days after I hung out with Nate at my house, he texts me saying

Nate: " you busy Saturday?"

Taya:" nope, my plans are open to you ;-*"

Nate: want to go to a masked ball?"

Taya:"yes! But I don't have a gown"

Nate:" don't worry I got that covered, look outside your door:)"

Taya:" okay"

I walk to my front door and open it there is a medium sized cardboard box. I open it and there is an envelope filled with $3,000!

Taya: I can't believe you did this!

Nate:I would do anything for you :)

Taya: :-*

I get dressed and go to Ronie's house. "I've got $3,000 and I need a ball gown!" I say in panic. "It's a good thing I got ready today" Ronie said amused with my anxiety attack.

30 minutes later

We get to the first store and we go to the bridal section, I try on about 50 dresses and I don't fall in love with anyone of those dresses. On to the next store...

5 stores later

I try on a beautiful strapless white dress, it is a fitted white lacy top and a full white tool bottom with lace trim on the bottom(picture, but imagine it less puffy). I love this dress! I check the price tag and it was 2,590! Wow! I'm so glad that this is in my price range. And it fit perfectly! I buy the dress and go home.

Saturday

Ronie comes to my house  and she does my eye makeup, it was a smoky eye with gold sparkles to accent my green eyes, and a beautiful winged eyeliner with some beautiful false lashes. She then did my hair; she did a half up half down formal look with big bouncy curls. I looked amazing! It was 6:30 and he was picking me up at 7:00, perfect timing! I will put on my dress at 6:55. I sit down at the table with Ronie and we talk about the ball and what might happen. "If he makes a move on you and you aren't ready, you need to make sure he knows that. I don't want you getting yourself in a bad situation like last time, I barely got you through that. I don't want to have to do that again; okay?" Ronie was saying this to me with a sincere look on her face. She always wants what is best for me, she is basically... No she is my sister. "I know I won't do anything like that again, I want to take it slow with him. I think he really cares about me" I say to ease her nerves. " okay, good. I just don't want you to get hurt again, I love you too much to let that happen again" Ronie said, I just stand up and hug her " don't make me cry, it'll ruin your master piece on my face" I say while I tear up and laugh. She grabs a tissue and dabs the tears away.

I check the time and see that it is time to get in my dress; Ronie comes with me and helps me into the dress, she tightens the ribbon in the back and ties me in. I go to the mirror and... I am in aw! I look so great! I can't wait to see Nate. I think I hear a knock on the door, then Ronie says, " I'll go see who it is, if it's Nate I'll let him in."   " thanks Ron" she walks to the door and I hear her say "come on in, she's almost ready" OMG! He's here! I straighten out the tool on my dress and situate my hair. I walk out of my room and down the hall, I see Nate and he glances at me at first, then he turns his head and his jaw dropped! He says, " oh my god, you look... Absolutely beautiful, I can't believe I can call you mine" he said with the biggest smile on his face. He then says " speaking of which" he is walking up to me " I was wondering if you would be my girlfriend?" His hands are now on my hips. " really?" I say with a huge dorky smile on my face. " yes, I want you to be officially mine"  I grab his neck and I kiss him. He kisses back. I move my head back to where I can see his eyes and I say, " yes, I would love to be your girlfriend!" I then hug him and I look at Ronie, she is smiling and she is about to cry, I giggle and then look back at Nate. " shall we?" We says as he offers his hand to me. " we shall" I say as I grab his hand. We walk out the door and head to the limo.