The funeral

I picked up my dad's keys and unlocked the building. I took out a shovel and walk up the hill to where my old dog shadow is buried. I went five inches away from it and starting digging. Four hours later I had four graves dig and crosses put at the head of them. Briston came up and looked at them. "Sorry this happened to them Michael. Truly sad that you have to bury them. What are you going to do?" He said. "Now time for a funeral. Because even though there gone. And it's hell on this world. Don't mean I can't bury them the proper way. Might be no bible but we can say a few words about them." I said

He nodded and look down at the house. "What about the guns in their?" He said. I looked at him and he knew what I was gonna say. "assault rifle in your jeep along with the 12 GA pump and ammo to both the rest in my truck." He said. "After that we need Maddie and if Ashley is conscious she can join sittin' of course. " I said.

Briston went and done that while I took my family's body's or what's left of the body's. And stuck them in the grave. Had my mom's , sister's and, brother's filled by the time Maddie and Briston came up. Maddie ran and hugged me tight and started crying. I hand the shovel to Briston and he started filling my dad's up. I hold Maddie close to me and she finally looked up at me after dad was fully buried. "Now let's start this funeral. We are here today in the passing of Chelsie, Rodger, Greg, and Betty Gillenwater. Chelsie a bright, loving sister. May she be safe with Jesus. Rodger a thick headed brother with an attitude of a kid. He will also be with Jesus. My mom a loving mother who loved all three of us. Hope your up there having fun with the rest of our family.

Dad a guy who pissed me off every day but help made me tougher than a pine tree. May all of you rest in peace because I'm still here and I will kill them till it's my time. You might be gone from this world. But never from our heart and memories." I said. Briston comes and says his few words about them. Maddie went to say a few words she couldn't say anything.

She ran back into my arms and cried harder. I looked at their graves one last time because this might be the last time I would ever get to see them again. I walk with Maddie down to my jeep and helped her in it. "Today was bad to good to horrible." She said through her tears. I looked at the ground and said "Not every day gonna be the same. We gonna meet or find people we know and lose them. But we got to move on. So the human population can live." I said.

I softly grab her hand and kissed the top of it. She sightly smiled through sobbing tears. I must make her fell like a princess and nothing else, Also protect her, I thought. I looked up at the side porch.

Briston had walked out on the porch wearing some of my brothers cloths. "I understand if your mad but I need to change out of bloody clothes." He said. "It's fine not like he is gonna wear them any more. Get some clothes for Ashley to change in when she comes to." I said. He nodded and went back into the house. I looked back at Maddie and whipped the tears off her. I turned around and walked to the building. I step up in and started looking for a axe file. We need one to keep our machete's sharp, I thought. I found one on a shelve and took it. I walk to the jeep and tossed it in the back. Maddie had fallen asleep in the seat. I buckled her up and wrapped her up in my jacket. She needs to stay warm, I thought. "Where we heading now MG42" Briston said placing a map on the hood of his truck.