one.

CONTROL.
001. | ❛ that's how it is.

Running with Caroline was a thrill, she and Steve were always competing to be first

Running with Caroline was a thrill, she and Steve were always competing to be first. Something about it made Caroline remember of when they were younger and how they use to play. Now she could cheat her way around running, but not so much in public.

Steve was definitely beating Caroline, he always woke up and ran laps before Caroline woke up. Ever since the War of New York, Caroline slowly stopped training but Steve on purpose would wake Caroline early to join him on his laps.

Caroline was lagging behind before Steve came up behind her and picked her up behind his back.

"Steve put me down!"

"Can't have you slowing down can I?" Caroline didn't have to see him to know that he was smiling.

"On your left" Steve said as we passed a man on our left. From what Steve told her he passed him a lot of times. Either Caroline was running too slow or he was running too fast.

Caroline patted against his back and he stopped running placing her down before he started running again. She quickly caught up to him and placed a swift kiss on his lips before she ran away from Steve and for once passing the man.

"Better catch up, Rogers"

Caroline was running circles while Steve always passed her but he wasn't too cocky about it either. Caroline slowed down before eventually sitting down on the grass as Steve kept running circles and teasing the same man as before.

"Need a medic?" Steve and Caroline walked over to the man who was perched up against a trees, as Steve interlocked his hand with Caroline's.

"I need a new set of lungs" He laughed.

The sun now was more bright than ever and Caroline just enjoyed the sun because there was a time when she could barely ever touch it.

"Dude, you just ran,like, thirteen miles and thirty minutes." He pointed over to Steve and Caroline chuckled.

They both smiled,"What unit are you in?"

"58th para rescue" he said out of breath, " But now I'm working down at the VA," he said holding his hand out,"Sam Wilson"

Steve took his hand first and helped him up,"Steve Rogers and...." Before turning over to Caroline and finishing the sentence," Caroline Kingsley" with a bright smile shaking Sam's hand.

"I kinda of put that together....must've freaked you out coming home from the whole defrosting thing."

Caroline looked over to Steve, himself gazing back,"it takes some getting used to. "

"It's good to meet you Sam" Steve told him while Caroline smiled brightly at him before turning towards Steve and walking away.

"It's your bed, right?" Sam asked which cause us both to turn around.

"What's that?"

"Your bed. It's too soft. When I was over there, I slept on the ground and used rocks for pillows, like a caveman. Now I'm home, lying in my bed and it's like-"

"Like lying on a marshmallow" Caroline said almost in a calm tone. After her kidnapped, she felt as if the bed was too small and she would sometimes wake up screaming in the middle of the night because of her night terrors.

"Feels like I'm gonna sink towards the floor,"Steve finished, "How long?" He asked Sam.

"Two tours. You must miss the good' ol days, huh?"

"Well, it's not so bad...Foods are a little better. We used to boil everything, no polio's good, Internet-so helpful. Been reading a lot, trying to catch up. "

Sam licked his lips before crossing his arms,"Marvin Gaye,1972,Troubleman soundtrack. Everything you missed jammed into one album."

"I'll have to agree with him that's one good album." She said nodding her head.

Steve took out his little book writing down the soundtrack's name,"I'll put it on the list."

Steve's Shield device beeped and he pulled it out, they both read the message.

MISSION ALERT:
EXTRACTION IMMINENT.
MEET AT THE CURB. :)

"Alright Sam, duty calls," Caroline looked up to Sam before shaking his hand and Steve following.

"Thanks for the run....if that's what you call running."

Caroline and Sam chuckle lightly," That's how it is?"

"That's how it is!!" Caroline told him.

"Okay, anytime you wanna stop by the VA, make me look awesome in front of the girl at the front desk, let me know" Sam chuckled once more.

Natasha black Corvette Stingray pulled up at the curb, with the window rolling down,"Hey fellas, either one of you know where the Smithsonian is? I'm here to pick up some fossils."

Caroline starts laughing at her joke,"Hilarious" Steve said sarcastically while bumping Caroline's shoulder as they both walked towards the car.

"Nat. Really? Couldn't have found a car with a least a couple more seats?" Caroline said to her.

"I'm sorry. My bad" she smirked.

Caroline opened the door and Steve looks down at her, his cheeks turning really pink.

"You know.. Time's wasting." Steve slowly got in.

Caroline sat onto of Steve and his body tensed for a minute before Caroline turned around and kissed Steve causing him to relax. She took his hand and smiled at him while squeezing it tight.

"Lovebirds." Natasha joked at them before turning to Sam.

"How you doin" he nodded with a smile.

"Hey" Natasha did the same.

"Can't run everywhere!" Caroline smirked while Steve wrapped his arms around Caroline's waist. She rested her head on his shoulder and looked up to him with a smile.

"No you can't." Sam said. Natasha rolled up the window before driving away.