Chapter 1: The Beginning of A new End

"So... What do we do now?"

Dana Mercer looked off into the distance of the destroyed Red Zone. Alex Mercer is dead, finally, and young Amaya Heller is safe. James Heller, pondering on what to do after he finished his vengeance fueled conquest.

"I never thought I'd... Get this far." James said, looking towards Dana, finishing his long hug with Amaya. "You could help a lot of people with your powers. You know that, right? Be like, a super hero." Dana said, confidently. "Nah, I don't think so... I don't even know how to control it in the first place... I mean, what if I do end up killing an assload of people without noticing it? What's the difference between then and now? I've killed innocent people before... I was so nonchalant about it, too..."

"Look, we've been through this before. We've only known each other for a little while... But, you know... We could try for a new life. You don't have to be known as James... We can call you something else!"

James looked around a bit depressed, thinking intently to himself. "No, I can't... I don't deserve to live after this. I'm too dangerous. I can't risk any more people's lives. I'm too much of a-"

"You could always use that little disguise thing you have. Would that work for you? We can always try something, Jimmy. I'm not giving up on you now. We can find something!"

Dana was ready to give anything for James. Dana would give her life for James. James has done so much for Dana. He had laid down everything for her. They've done everything for each other. They were ready for anything to come their way... Buy they didn't know what would.

James left the Red Zone, heading into the Green Zone to find Father Guerra's body. Heller entered the apartment, looking down at the blood trails, familiar with the vision, seeing him dead for the first time, now back for a second. Holding back his tears, James picked up the body of Father Guerra, taking him to a morgue. James held his head down with sadness the entire time there. James entered the morgue, laying the body down on the table. "Who are you?" The morgue worker said, turning around quickly. "Find a way to get his body patched up, I don't care how..." James said, turning to almost storm out of the morgue. "Hey! I don't work for free, you know! God... Asshole... What the fuck does he think he is, anyways."