Chapter 8: Rolling Out The Carpet

Heller entered the debriefing room, doubt fleeting from his mind. Rooks, stood at the opposite end of the table, facing the opposite way. Heller sat down, throwing his arms up to his head, placing his palms on his forehead.

"Heller, what the hell was down there? Was it Mercer?"

"I... I don't know what was down there. All I heard as a loud scream. That was it, something hit me in the head. I woke up in the old Gentek building. Whoever was there, they have something that disabled my powers... It's like... He had enough information on the virus to disable it."

"Maybe Mercer was helping them... Or maybe it was Mercer... Only you can be sure, did you see anyone's face?"

"Nah... I didn't see any faces. I can't tell you anything, but I swear I heard Mercer's voice... Over the intercom, while I was restrained."

Heller coughed, as his eyes closed, more flashbacks of Mercer appeared. It's all he can think about, to the point of insanity... All that's on his mind, all he can see, all he wants to get to, what he's focused on... Mercer.

"Heller, you alright? You look like you're sick as hell... Lieutenant Walker, get over here. Give Heller something for like... I don't fucking know, a headache."

Chase hands Heller a small pill, and he swallows it, dry. He coughs again, seeing more visions of Mercer, standing by Amaya and Colette. Heller slams his hand down on his knee, muttering, "Damn it..."

Heller stood up, almost sprinting out of the door.

"Rooks, I'm getting to Mercer. One way or another, I'm going to kill the emo fuck... Imma smash his pretty fucking face in, twice... This time, imma make sure his ass stays down... I'm not letting him get anywhere..."

"Jesus, Heller... Roll him out a red carpet first, why don't you..."