chapter2

• Dedicated to Caitlin Sprouse

     Chapter 2:

I ran upstiars and into bryces room. When i got up there i couldnt belive my eyes.

Bryce was on the floor bleeding from his back. His friend Drake was just stading there in shock. while bryce was on the floor crying and screaming his eyes out.

"DRAKE! WHAT HAPPENED????!!!" i screamed as i was running over to bryce and helped him up and walked him to the bathroom. there i got a towel and held it tight to the wound in his back.

" I.. we were playing a game and he jumped on the bed and when he did he fell backwards and his back went straight into the corner of the table!! i didnt know what to do!!!" drake screamed i was kinda surprised mom hadnt hear anything.....

Bryce screamed again and then i noticed that the blood was sqwirting out like a sprinkler! i ran into my room and grabbed by cell phone, and dialed 911.

"911 whats your emercency?" said the operater.

"My 12 year old brother was jumping on the bed and fell and hit his back on the corner of the bedside table." i screamed inbewtween sobes.

" mam, com down plz we have a abulance on the way. how is his blood loss and what does he look like in like skin tone and others?"

"it was just dripping at first now its squriting out like a sprinkler... and hes getting paler and paler and hes lips are starting to turn blue!!" i screamed as  watched my brother fall to the floor and pass out, as Drake tried to catch him.

" he..he just passed out!! oh wait ...i hear the abulance! its hear the EMT's are running in right now!"i said as i heard the men screaming from downstairs as i hung up the phone.

"were in here!" i screamed.

when  they got up there i didnt know what was going to happen to my brother. they loaded him up in the abulance and i got in the car and followed it.

when we got there they raced him back to the ER and the nurse took me to the waiting room. when i walked in there i saw my sister walking out of the doors rapped in Josh's arms with a bunch of bandages rapped around her face.

i ran up to them and grabbed her. she grabbed me back into a hug and i started sobbing.

" Taylor what happened???" she demanded.

"Its bryce....he got a HUGE  hole in his back and he passed out from blood loss he just got here hes in the ER.

then about 5 minuets later, the nurse walks in.

"is everything ok?" i ask ergensly.

"well we allready know that the fall severed part of his virtabra. he lost mobilaty on the whole left side of his body and partiy on the right side... he will never be able to walk again....or use his left arm." she said slowly and concernly.

"WHAT NO! HE'S ONLY 12!! HE HAS A FOOTBALL GAME TOMORROW! NOO!" yelled Molly.

" Im sorry mam.... he should wake up in about 30 minutes and we would like you guys to tell him...."she  said.

"Ok will all tell him." i said.

Molly turned around and thru her arms around Josh and sobbed. He held her tight against him and i saw a few tears escape his eyes as he rubbed circles on her back, trying to com her down.

Josh's POV

i think..... i may love her.

do i really have feelings for my best friend. Molly harring?? the most beutiful, kindist,caring, strongest girls i know?

yea im in love! as i sat there holding her in my arms listing to her sobbs for her brother broke my heart in two.....its just soo hard to listin to her be sad or hurt, i need to get her out of that house.

Shes never happy anymore unless shes at school with her friends or and my house but not all the time there.

maybe ill tell her bout how i feel and it will get me thru the night...

oh i dont know....maybe i should talk to Taylor bout this?. But what if she tells Mary?

Ugh im sooo not gonna get thru this. why is my life so flipping complacated??

ok.. im gonna go home with them and stay late.. when she goes to bed ill go tell taylor about it. But for right now i just have to help her and taylor both thru this.

Poor Bryce... My little man... never gonna be able to throw the football with him anymore, never gonna be able to see him run, walk, probally even laugh.

This is gonna be tuff......

Taylor's POV

Me, my sister, and josh walk thru the automatic doors that lead into the ICU. Mary's still gushing out tears and Josh is still holding on to her. I wish mom was her. She wouldnt care tho. But i still wish she was here.

 As we walk thru the hall ways i get knocked down by this group of 2 doctors and 4 nurses. They were rushing into the room that we just walked past.  I hurried back to the room's door and drug the other two with me, im sorry!im noisey! I looked in and saw alittle girl about the age of Bryce lying in the bed. She was dressed in a white hospitial gown, she had so meany wires and tubes connected to her. She looked so.... Peacefull, she sat there with her little eyes closed not opening. I heard a flat beep sound and i looked at the heart montor next to her bed. It had went flat. She... her heart stopped. I heard a loud shrill and looked quickly over to the other side of the bed not only to see the mother on her knees screaming and whaling in sorrow as her husband cried and hung on to her.

The doctors ran in. But they were to late. they pulled the plug and the nurse gently pulled the covers over her head.

I was shocked. I just witnessed the deat of alittle girl. I turned around "what was wrong with her?" i asked the nurse... she looked at me and said " she.... had a brain tumor and it was only days before she would die... she can finally rest in peace.. little Emily Wither.... sutch a sweet girl.."

I hung my head down as we walked to my brothers room. He looked alot like that little girl.

Only he was awake and alert. He had some wires but no tubes. but he was still pale. I walked in and grabbed his hand. he looked at me and smiled. "heyy sis!" he said kinda weak like. he turned his head and when he saw Josh he got a huge smile on his face. He's always loved playing football with Josh. I thought about how i would never see him play again, never run, never walk.

We all sat down in a chair next to his bed. "Joshie we have to tell you something... " i said

"Mary started crying again as Josh grabbed her into a tight hug and started tearing up alittle too. When Bryce saw them crying his smile faded. "Whats wrong?"

"Bryce... you're paralized from the waste down. you'll never be able to walk again.." i said...

I looked up into Bryce's eyes and he looked so said... so ashamed.. she disgusted. He started crying....