.xi

Odell
*november 2010

I waited impatiently for Maia to hurry up and come outside to head into town. Lee was in the passenger side, a skin tight black dress hugging her curves closely, hair straightened and flowing down her back, stopping just under her shoulder blades. I had to admit, she looked good tonight. I never really paid her much attention as far as that but something seemed different tonight. I blared my horn just as Maia came rushing outside, her outfit completely different than what I would have pictured. She pulled her hair up into a high bun, a cropped halter top hugging her chest and a pair of low rising skinny jeans holding on for dear life around her bottom half.

"Beauty takes time Odell." Maia breathed out as she climbed in my backseat. I rolled my eyes and backed out of her driveway.

"Well I don't know what took you so long then." I quipped, getting a laugh out of Leland. "Y'all girl Ti coming?" I was stopped at a light waiting to get on my street.

"Nah, she not 18 yet." Lee looked over her phone, texting someone back. I shrugged and took off. "She said maybe next time."

The rest of the ride, I listened to the girls giggle and joke around about shit I didn't really care to hear about. Boys this, boys that, did you hear about Beyoncé this, Rihanna that. I tuned them out for the most part until I heard a name I thought I wouldn't have to hear again. Titan. Lee apparently had talked to him after Halloween and he apologized. I still didn't like that guy but I had no say in what Lee did in her love life.

We pulled up to the street that Metro was situated on. The line wrapped around the block but I had friends that put me on the VIP list that could get us in immediately. I found parking and walked with the girls to the front of the line, music blared around us as they looked over our IDs, finally letting us in after long glances.

"Oh my god, it's packed in here!" Maia screamed over heavy bass. "Come on!"
I watched as she yanked Lee up a set of steps to the upper level of the club.

Lights streaked across the crowded dance floor and ceilings, I'd find them later. I went to the VIP booth that'd been reserved for me, knowing I'd find some of my teammates. "Ayyyye!" Mike boomed over the music, he had a cup in his hand, sipping as he stood to greet me.

I stomped around playfully, slapping our hands together and pulling him into a brief hug. "Where the hoes bro?" Looked around, nothing but guys in our section.

"We thought you kept em on your waist homie!" Derek, a teammate of mine, teased.

I scanned across the crowd, trying to find some girls to bring up when something caught my eye. I saw Titan in the crowd, Lee dancing with him. A funny feeling overcame me. I couldn't say it was jealousy, because it wasn't, but I didn't know what to call it. "I'll be back y'all. Find some girls, get live." They cheered and continued scanning the crowd themselves as I walked over to Lee. "What up? Long time no see!" I greet, my tone more than unfriendly.

Lee glanced between us, trying to read my eyes, but with all the lights flashing around it was hard to tell. "Nice to see you." He returned just as coldly as I, clenching his jaw as he held out his hand.

"It's fine Odell. I promise." Lee leaned into me, rubbing my back with assurance. "I'm still on guard too." I looked at her, she gave a quick smile, shooing me off and continuing to dance with Titan. "Thank you." She mouthed towards me.

I didn't trust that nigga one bit. He seemed off. I shuffled through the crowd, dancing with different girls until I found one that piqued my interest past a dance. "What's your name?" I interrogate as she danced against me.

"Vic." Her dark brown eyes skirted around as she looked around us. "Yours?"

"Odell." I palmed her ass in my hands, making her giggle and stare up at me. "You tryna...." My voice trailed while she planted kisses on my neck. I cocked my head back and gripped her ass tighter. She pulled away and led me upstairs to a secluded area in the club. A place where no body could see us.

"You want this?" Vic teased, her hands rubbing gently across my package. I let out a quick moan and pulled her closer. She pushed back, kneeling down and unzipping my jeans.

"That's so nasty!" Lee belted as we walked out of Metro to my car. Maia was nodding her head in agreement.

"Shut up!" I fussed. We'd been kicked out after someone saw me and Vic in the corner of the club. When Lee saw me being escorted out by two bouncers she followed after, leaving Ty on the dance floor.

"What if she got herpes or something, ew Odell!" Maia added. I was over hearing about this. I was lucky the owner wasn't going to have me arrested

"Well I just woulda had herpes then, damn." I yanked my car door open, not waiting on the girls to get in before I revved my engine.

They jumped inside, closing their doors. The look on Leland's face was weird. Something between anger, jealousy, and disappointment. I blew it off and took off down the road. I was tired, I just wanted to get home and lay my head down and forget any of this happened. Between getting caught dick deep in Vic in a ratty corner of a club and whatever the fuck was going on when I looked at Lee. I just wanted to sleep and ignore all this shit.

"I won't say anything." Lee looked over at me.

"Better not." She scoffed and went back to looking over her phone.