Chapter 3

Inside the dreams of a young man, he walked alone. He walked down an empty road. An unknown forest surround him on both sides. An empty dirt road. He started running. His legs propelled him farther and farther. He reached a dead end that he couldn't see from where he started. Then, he noticed a pair of headlights coming down the road towards him. When they reached him he instantly recognized the driver. He hoped into the truck, avoiding eye contact with the women. They drove away in silence. When they reached a big white house with a wrap around porch, the truck slowed. It drove up the driveway an parked behind a small car. They sat in silence for a moment, the wind blowing around the house and the car.

The beautiful girl turned to face the man.

"What happened?" the girl asked, breaking the silence.

"Well I just saw.. I don't know."

"What did you see love?" she prods.

He didn't speak.

Finally, the boy answered.

"I watched a girl jump from a building," he said, not knowing what he expected to hear back.

She didn't reply.

"I didn't do anything about it!" he yelled. 

"I was in too much shock to do anything , and now this world is missing somebody because of me!"

"It's not your fault,"she said in a small voice.

"And now, I'm questioning if i would be able to stop you from jumping if it were to be you!"

Silence filled the truck. They both knew the possibilities. He decided to keep going. 

"I promised to never let you hurt yourself again, and I don't know if I would be able to keep that promise to myself."

"You would be fine,"she tried reassuring in a small voice.

"I wouldn't be able to live with myself if it were to be you."

The boys eyes started watering. The girl didn't notice; her focus lay on the sky.

"Babe look at the stars." she pointed at the sky, "They spell 'dream'."

The boy looked over at the girl, his eyes already filled with tears, the thought of her being gone flooded his mind. He burst into tears. The girl reached over the console and held him tight. His tears dripped onto her skin. He pulled her closer. She crossed the console and sat facing him. Her legs spread apart and held his waist. He held her for moments on end, sobbing into her shoulder. She sat into the Indian position with her legs around his waist. Tears flooded her face as well as his. The thought of losing each other was far too great . He loosened her grip around her body and she did the same. They leaned back and looked at each other.

 Before she could worry about moving from her position he had kissed her. He kissed her six times on her top lip, hard and meaningful. She returned the favor by kissing his nose three times, lightly and meaningful. He moved his hands to her waist and pulled her closer, their bodies were touching in all possible places. His hand moved from her waist to her back pocket and he kissed her hard on the mouth. Their wet faces and lips exchanging tears.

"Stay tonight." he pulled apart, barely talking.

"Of course,"she replied instantaneously.

There they sat looking at each other.

"I love your eyes," he commented.

"What were you saying about the stars?" he continued conversation.

"They spell dream. Look, right here"she pointed behind herself, turning around.

"No I think there's something more.. It spells dreaming..see the I-N-G?"