Chapter Two: Confessions

I was so tired after the job, but I was too afraid to sleep. Natsu fell asleep on my couch again, but I sat next to my window above my covers, looking outside.

It looked so peaceful outside, so I decided to take a walk. I wore shorts and a tank top because it was the middle of summer.

I walked on stone wall next to the river. It was calming here. I could just feel the stress of the week leaving my body.

I swung my arms with each step and caught a glance of my guild mark. I stopped and lifted up my right hand, remembering the day I became apart of Fairy Tail. I showed Natsu my mark and he smiled. Yeah, he thought I was annoying and I probably was. I was never good with new people from being isolated since birth. My only real friend was my mothers Celestial Spirit, Aquarius. I know she thought I was annoying, too, but she was always my favorite person. The maids were nice, but I never really bonded with them.

~Natsu's Perspective~

I woke up on Lucy's couch. Something was different, Lucy didn't wake up crying. I hoped it was because she had slept well, but she wasn't in her bed.

I got up, making sure I didn't wake Happy, and left her apartment. Since I was a Dragon Slayer, I could see better than the average human, so I saw Lucy walking along the stone wall.

I silently jogged to catch up to her.

"Having fun, there?" I asked. She jumped and almost fell into the water, but I caught her, "Couldn't sleep?"

"I actually didn't go to sleep, I wanted you to sleep the whole night through. I've been selfish having you stay there at night." I cupped my hands around her face.

"Shut up. You are perfectly fine. You can't be selfish if it was my offer." Her face went bright red.

We sat down on the stone wall, feet in the water. We talked, laughed. At one point, I thought she fell asleep on my shoulder, until she talked.

"Natsu, I need to tell you something." She sighed and sat up. "On the train, yesterday, I saw a note in the bathroom. It said, 'I'll see you soon, Lucy Heartfilia.'"

I sat there, too shocked to say anything.  It took me a few minutes to find my words.

"Why are you just now telling me?" I stayed calm. I couldn't get mad at her with the look on her face. She looked like she was about to cry, so I pulled her into a hug, "Why?"

"I was scared and you were sick on the train, so I didn't want to put more stress on you." She confessed, "To be honest, I'm scared. I'm really scared. First the nightmares with me saying weird things, now this! When I left the apartment, it felt like someone was watching me. But, being me, of course I am stupid that I don't tell anybody when something is wrong with me!"

I could feel she was crying the way her shoulders shook.

"Hey, we'll get through this together! Like always. Through everything, we survived, we will this time. And what's better this time is that we're not blind sided. We can plan ahead. No one is going to hurt you. Not on my watch. I promise!" I said. Then I got close to her ear, "And it's okay to be afraid, I get scared, too. And look at me, do I look like I would?"

She looked up and smiled through her tears. After a few minutes, she fell asleep. So I carried her back to her apartment.

I laid down with her on her bed. Soon after, I fell asleep, too.

~Lucy's Perspective~

I woke up, snuggling with a bare chest. I looked to see Natsu asleep. He must have carried me back here after last night.

We weren't under my covers, but I was warm. Then it registered, I was cuddling with a Fire Dragon Slayer. I didn't care if it was weird, I snuggled closer to his body. I felt safe in his arms.

I smiled in his chest. He smelled like the a bonfire.

I felt him slowly wake up, then he stilled and relaxed. I kept my eyes closed. A hand started to twirl my hair. I tried to hide the smile that showed I was awake.

"I can feel your heartbeat, no need to pretend your asleep." Natsu whispered.

"Then why are you whispering?" I whispered back.

"'Cause, Happy is still asleep." I could feel his smirk. My arms weren't wrapped around his body, just tucked into his chest.

"Your warm." I looked up to see him staring at me.

"Well, I am a fire wizard, so I would assume so." He chuckled. I stayed silent for a few minutes.

"Hey? Are we going to tell the rest of Fairy Tail today?" I asked. He stiffened, but relaxed a second later.

"Only if you want to." He said. I nodded in his chest, "We can leave when Happy wakes up. And before we go, I need to put in a shirt. I don't want to look like Gray."