Chapter Nine: Journey to Darkness

~Natsu's Perspective~

All I could do was think about her, but doing so only bought me more pain. I didn't think of it as my pain, though. I thought of it more as fear. I feared her looking for me. I feared these monsters finding her. And, worst of all, I feared her not remembering me. Yes, she would remember for the first few years, but after that, I would be a nothing. I wouldn't be the person who propose to her. I wouldn't have children with her. We wouldn't have grandchildren as a couple. We wouldn't tell our stories together. We wouldn't hold hands as old people.

What's wrong is that I was okay with that. I was fine with all of it as long Lucy still got all of that, but with someone else. I would have no future and she would. She would laugh, she would cry. She would live. I would die.

I remembered one of the days she held her guild mark. We were in the guild hall and she was sitting by herself. I noticed her, like I always did.

~Lucy's Perspective~

"Lucy?" Levy said as I entered the guild.

"Yes, Levy?" She looked concerned.

"Well, I was just wondering if you were okay." She was afraid to bring it up. No one had brought it up in the three months he's been gone. No one questioned me leaving and coming back with cuts and bruises.

"I'm fine. I mean, yes, I'm sad. Very, very sad. But I can't give up!" I smiled. I caught everyone's attention. "Natsu" first time I've said his name in three months, "wouldn't give up if it were the other way around. I know he wouldn't! So I can't! I will never give up hope! I will find him. We will find him. And we will end who ever did this!"

Everyone smiled and cheered as walked to Master's office.

I knocked on the door. Master opened the door and looked up at me.

"Yes, Lucy?" He asked. He hadn't called me 'brat' for three months.

"I think I know where he is!" I said. Master looked surprised and had a mixture of happiness and anger.

"Where?" He pulled me into his office.

After an hour of Master's questioning, I told the rest of the guild. We had a few groups that would split up when we got to the place. Some people had to stay here to look after the place because no one knew how long we would be.

The groups were:

Gray, Juvia, and Lyon (he was visiting Gray and insisted on helping us).

Lisanna and Elfman.

Levy, Gajeel, and Lily.

Erza and Mira.

Wendy, and Carla.

Happy and I.

(Write it down if you need to. I know I will. -Kelsee)

We took off about an hour to get the teams. I did fear losing Natsu, but I had more faith than fear. Faith in my guild and in myself.

The train ride was painfully long. Talk was minimal because we were all mentally preparing. No one had ever thought of Natsu be kidnapped. The only person to actually be taken in Fairy Tail was me. Well, I was the dumb blonde of the guild. The one who would trip over her own feet.

The train stopped at a city and from there it was walking/hiking. Levy and I studied where the place would be and we came to the conclusion of in the mountains from key factors I had noticed.

From there, the teams split up.

"I will see you after this." Levy said, giving me a hug.

"Yeah." I replied.

"Bye, romantic rival!" Juvia waved. I waved back.

"Lucy, be careful. We have no idea what is going to unfold." Erza told me before Mira gave me a hug and they left.

After my goodbyes with Wendy and the rest, Happy and took off.

"Let's do this!" I shouted as he grabbed the back of my shirt and started to fly.

"Aye, sir!" He shouted back.

Natsu, I thought, We're coming.

Time skip/ ~Wendy's Perspective~

Carla and I flew to the center of the mountain. In sight was a huge castle that was covered by the mountains. The other groups must have been almost halfway there, but because I had Carla, we went faster. I bet Lucy was somewhere near here, too, since she had Happy.

I waited in the tree line for Lucy. She showed up about five minutes later and met up with me.

"What do we do?" I asked.

"Barge in?" She shrugged. She didn't come up with a plan?

We did her plan and split up again.
I walked through a hall and no one was in sight. I wondered where everyone was. I ended up in a dead end.

I went to turn around, but someone stood there. He had short purple hair and he was twice my short height.

"Too bad. I have to kill a little girl." He said.

"W-who are you?" I asked and Carla went and stood next to me.

"I am Dorn. I am a storm wizard, young wind wizard. Seems you have a disadvantage."