Chapter 2; Gravity Don't Mean Too Much To Me

Toxic's POV

I walked away from Dr. Death's shack holding Diamond's gun in my left hand and my own in my right. Tonight there were very few Draculoids out in the zones which made it easier for me to get to the old Fabulous Killjoy hideout without being detected.

. . .

The place was a retro diner, probably from the 80's or something. To any normal person they would just assume it to be junk but, to myself and the rest of the Fabulous Killjoys, this place was home. I pushed open the old door and walked into the diner, a tinkle of a bell sounding as it opened. Not to my surprise I noted that it had been raided since I had last been here, some of the bar seats had been moved around and the kitchen had obviously been ransacked.

I walked over to one of the booths and plopped down in the seat and stared at the empty space across from me. Oh how this brought back memories...

. . .

"Toxic look what we found!" shouted an ecstatic Missile Kid as she held a black kitten in front of Toxic, who smiled. "What are you gonna name it?

"I don't know yet... " Missile said dejectedly just as the rest of the Fabulous Killjoys walked into the diner.

"Welcome back assholes." Toxic spoke with a smirk pasted on her face.

"Hey, who ya calling an asshole?" Asked Fun Ghoul a cocky grin plastered on his face. Toxic suppressed a laugh and answered the male.

"Oh I was calling all of you assholes. I mean you all smell like one." She joked earning a laugh from all of the fabulous killjoys.

"That was a good one Toxic." commented Party Poison between laughs.

"Thank you kind sir." replied Toxic, bowing slightly causing everyone to laugh even more.

"I thought I was a princess...." fake pouted Party before he smiled at Toxic.

"You are a princess, Party. A fabulous princess." joked Diamond, as Party did a twirl. The fabulous killjoys started to have a laughing fit and forgot about the rebellion they were leading and all the stress they were dealing with.

Times like this were few and far between in the zones.

. . .

I smiled at the memories from 3 years ago, everything was alright then. Well so it seemed...

"God I would give anything to have them with me right now..." I sighed before burying my head into my arms. I suddenly felt a wave of exhaustion hit me and yawned. Not wanting to pass out here I moved to the makeshift bedroom in the back room, practically falling onto the old couch. The moment my head touched the cushions on the couch I drifted to sleep.

. . .

"Gerard please stop being so reckless, you're gonna get really hurt someday." a teenager scolded a younger Gerard.

"Anna we've already talked about this..." muttered the boy.

"Ya but you keep getting hurt, I'm worried about you..." Anna sighed. Gerard tilted up her head slightly to make her look into his eyes.

"I promise I won't leave you, okay?" Anna smiled slightly.

"Just remember you promised me that, never forget it."

. . .

"Get in the Trans-arm and drive away from here!" Yelled Ghoul as he stayed behind to help the the remaining killjoys escape from BL/ind hq. "Ghoul no!" cried Toxic as Jet Star pulled her away from the doors. Missile Kid pulled at Toxic's arm to get her to follow her.

The scenery blurred in a moment and then Jet was laying dead on the Trans-Arm. In a bout of rage Toxic got out her gun and fired recklessly at the Draculoids until a small hand grabbed her arm and pulled her into a van. Only three fabulous killjoys remained now.

. . .

I woke up with a start. I felt my face and noticed that there were fresh tears falling from my eyes. I took in a deep breath and adjusted my mask, which I had slept in last night.

I was used to that dream by now, used to watching my friends die over and over and over again, as sad as that sounds. I wasn't used to the first part of my dream however. I wasn't used to the flash backs. I felt myself tear up again, god why did this have to end this way? I could have had a normal life with my friends and been happy!

If only this hadn't happened... If only...