Four Elements

Introduction

Exciting isn't it...  Getting the idea for a new story... Plotting the plot... Characterizing the characters... Pushing through the writer's block, editing, reviewing, more editing.  Pondering dumping the story, then finally you decide to post it and have other people read it.  They love it, they hate it, but you don't mind, cause it's your story, you gave it life and that is all that matters...

So my fellow scribble bees, I hope you enjoy this story, let me know if you love it, hate it or just enjoyed reading it.

Enjoy!

Stormy!

Prologue

 The smell of bacon drifted through the house.  Accompanied by eggs, freshly percolated coffee and the sounds of a breakfast orchestra consisting of pans, plates and other various kitchen appliances.  A tall girl was wielding a spatula with all the skill of a magician, and the kitchen was her stage.  Her long brown hair was tied into a braid that hung down her back and she was clad in her morning-run-outfit, a light grey tracksuit with a lime green accent and matching running shoes.

 "That smells amazing Cal!  What did we do to deserve this?” Ryan ambled into the kitchen, blond hair still tousled with pillow marks on his cheek. 

Clad in only black tracksuit pants he filled a cup with black strong coffee and wandered over to inspect the contents of the frying pan. 

Calista waved him off yielding the spatula like a sword… “Back off Ryan, wait till everyone is up.” 

Ryan put up his free hand and retreated to the breakfast table on the deck outside.  “You’re the boss Cal!” he calls cheekily over his shoulder. 

Calista hated being called ‘boss’.  Just because she was the oldest doesn’t make her the leader.

 Upstairs on the balcony Keira was inhaling deeply while bending down to lay her hands on the yoga-mat.  Standing in downward-dog position with her eyes closed she enhaled once more. 

“Do not even think about it Blake.”  She said quietly. 

Blake was frozen mid-movement, towel poised in the perfect bottom-whipping position. 

“How did you know?” he asked astonished, placing the would-be whip around his neck. 

Keira came upright, and smiled “I smelled your shower-gel a mile away Mr. Lemongrass and Thyme.” 

He gave her a cheeky grin.  “Can you blame me?  You might as well have a bulls-eye painted on your ass.”  Keira gasped indignantly. 

“How about I put you on yours?!”  And with that she expertly hooked her foot behind his knees and pulled his legs from under him, neatly knocking him onto his backside.  

Their laughter got interrupted by Calista’s call from downstairs. 

“Breakfast is served!”  Keira shrieked as she held out a hand to help Blake up.