Chapter 19: Taro

The next few days were the same and Ayano started to develop a routine. The days began to blend into one and other and before she knew it it was Thursday afternoon.

"Oh my god!" she exclaimed. "Sakura-chan! She's going to confess to senpai tomorrow!"

It was between classes, just before last period. Next class was Language Arts and Ayano, Saki, Kokona and Sakura were in the same class.

Ayano went over to sit next to Kokona and Saki with whom she had developed a good friendship with over the past few days.

"Hey Himari-san! Do you wanna work with us?" Ayano called to Sakura. "Pleassse?"

"Sure I'll sit with you guys I'd love to." She smiled kindly and came over to sit next to them and they started working.

They were just working on their short story writing skills and were writing, duh, short stories.

They worked in silence and soon the bell rang.

"I'll pass our stories in" Ayano volunteered "I've been meaning to talk to sensai about the writing assignment anyways"

"Okay thanks." Sakura handed Ayano her barely started story and headed to her locker.

"Thanks Yan-chan!" Kokona chirped, handing Ayano her paper.

"Yeah thanks!" Saki echoed, handing over her story.

"Meet us when you're done talking with sensai okay? We'll be in the courtyard."

"Kokona just wants to see Taro!" Saki teased.

"No I don't!" protested Kokona, blushing and making Ayano's blood boil.

"Do too!" Saki squealed and ran out of the classroom.

"Grrr!" Kokona growled and ran after her.

Ayano didn't realize how hard she had been squeezing the papers until she looked down and realized her hand was bleeding.

Two cresent moon shaped cuts had appeared where her index and middle fingernails had been pinching into her skin.

Ayano wiped away the blood and took out her phone. Quickly she snapped a picture of Sakura's story. She put away her phone and passed the papers in.

Skipping happily out of the classroom Ayano headed towards the courtyard and crashed into someone who was also headed in.

"I'm so sorry" the figure said, "I seem to be develping a habit of meeting people like this, you're, like, the second person I've crashed into this week" he laughed

"Really?" Ayano asked turning to face him

"Yeah" he said brushing his hair out of his face and smiling.

"Senpai?"

"Huh? What did you say?"

"Oh I just said, hey!"

"Well then, hey" he turned around to face her, holding out his hand to shake hers.

She took his hand and shook it slowly. His hand was so soft!

"Ayano-chan!" he exclaimed

Oh! He remembered my name

"H-Hey Yamada-san"

"Hey, how's it going?"

"Good" she mumbled

"I'm sorry for not saying hey earlier"

"That's fine" she replied shyly "I don't mind"

"Well I promised you I'd make it up to you for crashing into you, now it looks like I owe you double"

Ayano blushed "I guess"

"Are you free later? We could hang out, you know, if you wanted to"

Ayano was stunned.

"Um-um, of-of course!! I'd l-love to!"

He smiled

"Cool, I promised some people I'd meet them here around now but once we're done we could all walk together"

Ayano beamed

"Sure" she followed Taro into the courtyard and froze. He was walking over to.... Kokona?!!!!!