Chapter 20: Courtyard

Taro waved to her and she quickly pasted on a smile before running over to them.

"Hey guys!" she waved to Kokona and Saki "How's it going?"

"Hey Ayano" Kokona replied

"You guys know each other?" Taro asked

"Yeah, we're besties. I'm the hot one in the friend group though. Right Taro?" She said in a sickly sweet voice, batting her eyelashes at him and squeezing close to him.

"I-I guess" he responded trying to get away from her as she squished her chest against his arm, pulling him closer as she did.

"Kokona, get off poor Taro!" Saki squealed, trying to pull Kokona off him. Ayano runs over to help and together they pry Kokona off Taro.

"Sorry about that." Saki said to him "She's just crazy"

"Th-that's okay" Taro responded, blushing.

"Grr" Ayano growled as Kokona tried to flirt with Taro.

"Soo, Taro, we should probably go," Ayano said, pulling him away from the others "don't wanna stay too late"

"Oh! Where are you guys going?" Kokona asked

"Oh, we just live in the same direction" Taro explained

"We can walk with you guys! I wanted to head that way too anyway, I have a giftcard for a cafe that's in that direction" Kokona said, butting between Taro and Ayano. "We could all go if you wanted. My treat!"

"Sure, that sounds cool! What do you think Ayano" Taro asked

"Sure" she mumbled "why not? It's not like it matters"

"Cool!" Taro said, not noticing the annoyed expression on Ayano's face. "Let's go"

Ayano tried to walk with Taro but Kokona shoved her out of the way.

"Soo, Taro, what would you say is my best feature?

"Umm..."

Behind them Ayano scowled.

"Kokona has a huge crush on him" Saki said. As if it wasn't obvious.

"Yeah, I can tell"

"I told her not to bother,
Osana-chan also likes him and Yui said she's telling him soon. Oh well."

"Well what if Osana doesn't confess?"

"Huh? Well then Kokona will probably ask him out but that's never going to happen, Osana has a huuge crush on him."

"Really?"

"Yeah. They'd be cute together though don't you think?"

"Huh?"

"Kokona and Taro" Saki repeated, pointing at them.

"Uh, yeah, sure" Ayano mumbled, trying to think of a way to talk to Taro instead of Kokona. Oh!

"In fact, I bet he likes her" Ayano said to Saki, hoping this plan will work.

"You think so?"

"Yeah, I'll ask him for Kokona. I'll do it without mentioning that Kokona likes him though."

"You think you could do that?"

"For sure! But I need to talk to him first, can you get Kokona to come back here?"

She crossed her fingers.

.....

"Sure!" Saki replied after what seemed like forever to Ayano.

"Hey! Kokona! I need to talk to you!"

Kokona turned around to face them.

"Sorry" she said to Taro "I'll be back"

She ran over to Saki and they started to chat.

"Mind if I walk with you?" Ayano asked, walking up beside Taro.

"Actually I was kinda hoping you would"