No Care

Hair is always down in the fire nation to obscure tattooed back

Hair is always down in the fire nation to obscure tattooed back. Same with the clothing choices, things that can somewhat hide without being suspicious.
-

I get a calling card in the middle of the night. Per royal highness' wishes, I'm forced to go out in the middle of the night on a secret escapade to speak where no one can hear us.

"Is the avatar alive?" Zuko asks.

"We both saw him die. You were there right? When you betrayed me?" My hand goes on my hip annoyedly. He turns his head away. Guilt? Shame? No, if that was the case, we wouldn't be here.

"I'm talking about your Seer sense. You would know."

I quirk my brow. "Someone neglected to tell the Fire Lord and Azula I was your personal avatar homing device. Azula is the one who would have failed to kill the avatar then, not you. Oh, but 'Azula always lies', right? Did you think you were protecting me by lying to them? Did you think I'd be grateful... after all you've done?"

He looks away. "Why can't you see there's a better life than... going back to suffering like you did before, always on the run? Here I can finally protect you! I—"

"You're turning this on me? Protect me from who?! You've imprisoned me with the people who hurt me! Is this life—with your crazy sister and your evil dad, who sent away the mother you loved and locked away his brother after coveting his glory all these years— is this the one you imagined? I hope it is. But it's not for me. We aren't friends, and I won't help you." And oh boy, are grudges bad for my spirit, but I can't let go of this one.

-

"I'm so excited to spend the weekend on Ember Island!" Ty Lee leans excitedly against the railing of a boat being pulled by some sort of sea creature I can't even recognize. Like the fire nation doesn't have engine powered boats? "It's going to be so fun to hang out on the beach and do nothing!"

"Doing nothing is a waste of time!" Zuko whines. "We're being sent away on a forced vacation! I feel like a child..."

With that remark, I melt more into my oozing frustration against the rail. I scoff at his whining, putting my head in my hands.

"Have you always been a rain cloud?" Ty Lee turns to me.

My brow raises. "I don't know. Have you ever been a war prisoner who's beaten then humiliated and betrayed? It's a real mood downer."

With that, Ty Lee takes a step away without a word.

We soon reach this 'island', and at the docks, two old ladies who happen to be Lo and Li greet us, "Welcome to Ember Island, kids." They got a lot of sag, dressed in bright pink and have their silver, whispy hair up in traditional top knots and hats to shield their frail old lady skin.

They lead us to a small house, clearly theirs by the... musk. It's what to expect of a typical beach cabana, with it's thatched roof and cute assortment of minimal furniture. Oddly easy to burn down, and you'd think firebender would be a little more safe than that.