In the hospital

Felicity's POV : the next day

My eyelids felt heavy, and the bright lights burn as I try to open my eyes. But nonetheless I open my eyes and can't help it, but blink rather rapidly. I'm still in a dizzying spell the right side of my head feels as if it was bruised . I feel an IV tube in my right arm.

"Good your awake, my name is Agent Cabe Gallo Homeland." A man with grey streaks in his hair, flashed a badge, so quick that I only managed to read the word Homeland. My lips and throat felt dry as desert. But all I managed to say was, "What happened ? Where are my parents?!.

" I'm sorry Felicity, they didn't make it." My throat began to swell, though my eyes were watering up, though my eyes didn't allow me to cry. I didn't want to cry ever, the feeling of crying. Though it letted the stress out. Once I start to cry, it's really hard for me to stop.

"I'm sorry," he said,

My mind freezes instantly when ever my life feels like the world is moving too fast for me, everything slows down and for moments I feel surrealism. The surreal is a feeling that had always brought me comfort, when I'm stressed, and for moments things seem unreal. Though of all the times I need that comfort the most, the warming feeling never came.

"Do you have a family member you can stay with until this is all sorted out." He asked,

"I have an aunt somewhere in New York. Besides her I have no other family. And I know she won't be happy to see me." I sniffled, 

"Why?"

"After the stock crash, my aunt got jealous of my family, for surviving the crash better than she had. After that my family moved to California. Will I be put in child services?" 

"Eventually, yeah but until the trial when you will testify, my team and I will provide you protection." Though knowing my testimony was still an importance, left my stomach uneasy. Then two other men walked into the room, a man with a blue-black hat and another man was dark curly hair.

"Felicity this is Walter O'brien and Tobias Curtis"

"It's Dr. Tobias Curis, but Toby will do." The man with the hat said. Though I could tell he was the who was the most talkative, he also got a stare from the agent.

"Felicity, this might be hard for you but do you remember anything from the accident?" Agent Gallo asked,

"Um, we were just driving home from the farmers market and had just crost past the intersection and then out of no where a sliver pick up truck blindsided, our car and hitting the left side of the car. And then I blacked out."

"When will I be discharged?"

"Doctors say as soon as you woke up you could leave. But you do have a sprained wrist." The "doctor "  said.

" Ok, I want to leave now"

"I wouldn't recommend that,"

"Why can't I leave?"

"You had a grade 3 concussion, you were unconscious for about 15 minutes until we found you. And the other doctors say you need an MRI and a CT scan."

"Well, thank you for saving me. And fine I'll do the scans. But still when will I be discharged?" I groaned.

"As soon as you do the scans."

"Well, I want to get out of the hospital as soon as possible." During the whole time, the man with curly hair, Walter was obviously observing me, as if he was curious about me, but I couldn't tell why he was observing me.