Fake Press On's

The first five minutes was silent until my father finally spoke up . "Have any collages picked out?" He asked . "I don't plan on it ". I replied . My fathers dream for me since I was a child had been for me to become a great doctor like him . He passed a glare to me and coughed a bit .

   "You don't what?" . I sat up straight and looked him dead in the eye . "Father , you have to understand  and except that not all of us are meant for the medical field ." He sipped his coffee avoiding eye contact . "All of that money Danielle .." He put his coffee down and turned towards
Me .

I raised my eyebrows and took a drink of Coke .  Amanda spoke up . "Danielle , what would you say about me and you going and getting our nails done tomorrow ?" She smiled brightly and grabbed my hand to look at my nails ."Looks like you could use it ."

She put her hands in front  of me and stretched her arms across the table . Her nails were  as red as blood . "Your wonderful father took me two weeks ago to this lovely little salon Down  the street corner , and I've loved it every since !" . I bent over her hands and looked down observing them and then sat back against my chair .

"Looks like fake press on nails to me ." "Danielle!" My father snapped at me . "Oh darling don't sweat it ! She's a dear !" Amanda replied to my father followed by a sip of coffee and a stone cold glare at  me .