City Lights

" So are you  new to Denver ?" Asked the cab driver . The rain was pouring down . The glare of the city lights in the evening were like bright blots  on the Windows .

"Not necessarily . " I said , never  breaking eye contact from the window . "I visited Colorado  when I was ten and that was the last time . "Ah " the man said shaking his head . "You'll like it here I can tell ya that."

I looked  up at him  and flashed a half smile. We drove up to a small diner in the less populated part of Colorado . Also know as ... Where my father lived .  I was supposed to meet him there at 6:00 pm at the diner .

I got out of the taxi and headed into the diner . The sound of Elvis played in the small diner . I looked around to try and find my father . Just then , a man with black hair and a brown jacket on stood up. "Danny!" I looked up to see it was my father .

I made my way past waitresses to get to him . There was a woman at the table . "Danielle ! How have you been ?"he said happy to see me . "Fine " I replied . We sat  down .

"Danielle I would like you to meet Amanda ." The young woman looked up at me . She smiled brightly . "It's so nice to finally meet you Danielle." Her voice was mellow as could be . She had blonde hair and sparkling blue eyes . I had never seen eyes like that before .