Chapter 4 - Carnival

I feel like my life became routine. Everything was always the same, everyday. Until today, school was the same, same rude humans, same few friends, same everything. I got on the bus, came back to the sector, picked up Aundrew from school, and headed home. Normal, right? So when we got home Shelby asked us to go pick up some things for dinner. We dropped off our stuff and headed to pick something up. Just me and Aundrew, walking hand in hand through the sector. We picked up some vegatables, and when I was about to pay
\|||||||/
--BOOM--
/|||||||\
suddenly, something exploded. I dropped the basket, picked up Aundrew and ran around a crate.
I immediately start checking him, all over. I ask him "are you okay?"
He says "di" - yes
"Are you hurt?" I ask
"Jen" - no. He responds.
"tezur ildis" He says, assuring me that he is good.
When the panic finally dies down we head home. I tell Shelby
"Sorry, we couldn't get the food. Something happened, and I don't want to go back to get it."
"That's fine" She assures me."I heard about the bomb, are you guys okay?"
"Yeah, we're fine." I tell her.
"We will just have dinner without vegetables tonight. I wouldn't want to go back either." She says before she gives us a quick hug and goes to finish dinner.
I head into the living area and grab Aundrew's backpack. We start working on his homework, and finish just in time for dinner. We eat, then shower. I carry Aundrew into his room, because he's really tired. I lay him down oh his bed and pull the covers up, I brush his hair off of his forehead and place a kiss in the middle, whispering "ili ildis Aksemu nigayana yala und Ewaganu husoljivi widi." Before I turn off the light and leave his room. I head into my room and go straight to sleep.
When I wake up, I feel a bit better. I head straight to Aundrew's room after I change to wake him up. I sit next to his head and gently shake him,
"Aundrew, honey, it's time to wake up." He opens his eyes and looks at me, then he closes them again and groans at me.
"Are you okay?" I ask him
To which he answers no "jen" He says.
So I feel his forehead and it's pretty warm.
"Ma" I call out for Margaret.
"Yes, Kenzie. What is it?" She yells back from the kitchen.
"I'll be right back." I tell Aundrew, stroking his hair as I stand up and walk into the kitchen.
When I get there I go straight up to Margaret, "I think Aundrew is sick." I tell her. "He's pretty warm and doesn't seem like he feels very good... I don't know what to do, he's never been sick before."
She grabs my hand and says "well, let's see what we can do about that." We head to grab the thermometer, and bring it in to check his temperature.
Margaret puts the thermometer in his ear and waits until it beeps.
We look at it, reading the temp. 102.3. That's around 2 degrees low for an Atrian, but Aundrew has a naturally low temperature anyway, of about 100, so he is pretty warm.
"Aundrew" I say, grabbing his shoulder and rolling him over onto his back. "Hey, honey, come eat. Then you can come back to bed. Alright?" He opens his eyes again, looking at me for a couple seconds. Then he starts moving to get up. We eat breakfast and then I tuck him back into bed. Hey at least I won't be late today. I grab my backpack and walk to the bus. When I get there Sophia says "hey, you're finally not late, for once. Walking instead of running? How does it feel?."
"Great" I say, and we both laugh.
I head to school, and it's a normal day. We head back home and go sit with Aundrew, his temp is still pretty high. And he doesn't look like he's left his bed much today. I guess that's best, the more he sleeps the sooner he'll get better.
After a while I get up and whisper to him "ili ildis Aksemu nigayana yala und Ewaganu husoljivi widi." I kiss his forehead and say "Asa ijita idi" which means 'I love you'.
I head into the living room to eat something before I leave. Today is the carnival, and the Atrian 7 have been invited to go. I decided, why not. Maybe I could draw some of the things I see there, so Aundrew could see.
After I eat I head out, and start walking towards the bus.
When we get there I am sort of awe struck. It is so beautiful, and colorful. There are lights everywhere and it's just... amazing.
Obviously we don't get the warmest welcome from everybody, but that's how it is, so I don't dwell on that. Teri, one of the other Atrians, gets given a bracelet by a little girl. It's kind of sweet actually.
I walk around for a while, going up to or on a few things, before we leave. After a while of walking I found my friends,
"Wow, what took you guys so long? I thought you guys invited me, not the other way around." I joke. "Ha ha ha, very funny." Aimee says back. I hang out with them for the rest of the night, doing whatever they say is the best.
When we leave I say bye to them. I actually had a lot of fun tonight, I think to myself. I only wish Aundrew could have seen it.
When I get back home I check on him, and see that he's still sleeping. So I head to bed myself.
The next few days are back to routine, except for the fact that Aundrew's still sick.
The anniversary of Arrival day is coming up soon, and when Gloria says the human students can come into the sector I get kind of worried. It's probably not the safest place for them to be. And when the day arrives and they finally come into the sector...