Chapter 1 - MacKenzie's past

I was eight years old when our ship crash landed on Earth. After the ship crashed I was stuck. I couldn't get my foot out, it was stuck in between two panels. I was calling for my parents. I feel like I was screaming forever before they found me. When we ran outside it was complete chaos. It was practically a war zone. My mom grabbed my hand and the three of us ran. We ran and ran, until we couldn't run any more. We found a cellar on the side of a house that was open and we went down there. We stayed there for the night, and when we woke up in the morning we found a grown man standing over us, yelling and holding some type of object. He was ready to swing, and I had no clue what he was saying, he just kept screaming. "Hur u, jayutagert!" My dad pushed me and my mom behind him, and kept trying to talk to the guy but he just kept screaming.
After a while a boy came down talking to the older man. He looked like he was in his teens. The older man started yelling at the boy, then he turned around and left. The man stayed with us a while longer before he left, but he locked us in the cellar so we couldn't leave. We were down there for a few more hours until the door opened again. The older man came back down with things in his arms. He put them out for us, and I guess it was food. He showed us how to eat it. Then gave us some water and left again. We were down there for a long time. And after a while a woman came down and brought us up to shower. Then she would frequently come down and teach us how to speak her language. It took a while but we learned, and once they knew that we weren't any harm to them, and that we wouldn't leave the house, they let us up into the house. We lived there for four years. I ended up going to school with the humans. But whenever we would leave the house we had to cover up our markings, we used clothing and makeup and even latex skin sometimes. One day me and my parents went out to buy groceries, something we did all of the time. But this time was different, this day was one of the worst days in my life. The sprinkler system went off. Our marks started glowing and everyone started freaking out. The cops came in and my parents quickly moved to get in front of me. They saw this movement as hostile I guess, because they shot them.
I dropped to the ground, crying over my parents dead bodies, until I was dragged away. Screaming and crying as I was pulled away from my parents, never to see them again.
I was taken into the sector, where they keep all of the Atrians now. And because I had no family now, a nice family from the Zwahan tribe took me in. My original birth tribe was the Iwabas tribe though. But they are very kind and have helped me through a lot.
It's now been about six years since that happened. I now have light brown hair and hazel eyes. I have pale skin, with my markings across it.
They are starting an integration program. Seven Atrians have been chosen to go to high school outside the sector, and I'm one of those seven. Our first day is tomorrow, and I'm kind of excited. I haven't been outside the sector in years. I put Aundrew down to sleep, he is only five. And head to my room to sleep and get ready for tomorrow's big day. My adoptive family is great. There are my parents, David and Margaret, then there's is Shelby who's 20, and of course I have Aundrew. I am currently 18, actually im one of the oldest of the "Atrian seven."
But I'm really tired and very excited for tomorrow. So I head to sleep.